Need help pricing my Cobra

xxxboost

Established Member
The time has come to sell my Cobra and I would like some opinions on how to price the car. It was my wifes car before I met her, she had it since new. Back when it had only a few thousand miles on it she had an accident with it. She slid off the road and swiped a tree with the right door and quarter. The quarter was replaced, possibly the door or the skin and obviously was repainted. The car looks and drive like new and only has about 16,500 miles on it. I took it to my local body shop to see what repairs were done, and they told me the repairs (replacing quarter) was a top notch job with very much attention to detail to make it look factory (weld spots, foam/glue placement etc). If she wouldn't have told me I probably would have never known it was in an accident. When doing a Car Fax it does come up on there as a structural damage. Their decription of that is replacing anything that isn't bolted on, ie quater panals. The title is clear and I have had zero problems with anything. I upgraded to poly bushings front and rear with no problems so that would teel me nothing is bent, no abnormsal tire wear either. Overall a good solid sweet looking car that had some profesional repairs done to it.

So, where do you all think I should start my price and what should I expect to get for it. Most of my mods are listed in my sig. Thanks for the help.

IMG_0071.jpg

9422.jpg

9392.jpg

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I really don't have any idea how to price it with the accident. Looks really clean and the miles are great. I would guess 22k but am probably wrong. someone on here will have a better idea that me. Best of luck.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
See ..... This is why carfax pisses me off. It can work against you as much as it can help you. If the title is clean, and you have a compitent buyer there should be no issues. These cars are 10 years old now ! ..... The ""perfect" ones are becoming less and less. You guys would be suprised how many cobras (in general) have had body work. Damn near every cobra I have seen 93-04 has had some kind of repair. They had crap paint from factory too. LOTS of guys will repair car out of pocket (if single car accident) to keep title clean.

My car (03 vert), squeaky clean carfax ..... BUT, being a female owned Miami-lifed car (stone chips and fade), it has been painted. I would have rather have a "quality" repaint then faded, swirled, thin, chipped factory paint.

Thing is, when I go to sell the car the 1st thing out of someones mouth will be "why was it painted". Bittersweet situation. That's why you need potential buyer to come see car, or take high resoultion pics of it.

I think the car looks great, very low mile cobra. I'd hold to your guns on a "fair" price without someone taking advantage of you just because "it's been painted". Like I said, these cars are TEN years old now ! Hard to believe. Without seeing the other side of car (if it looks like the drivers side) I'd say it's a solid 17-18.5k dollar car now .... little higher if it were spring. Being a "woman owned" car, they tend to be hard on drivers seat. I replaced a lot of interior pieces in mine with 20k mile parts (including seats) when I brought it up to ohio. Between that and new paint .... mine looks considerably better then most 25-35k mile ones I see. Most think my car has 20k on it (has 100k).

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
I really don't have any idea how to price it with the accident. Looks really clean and the miles are great. I would guess 22k but am probably wrong. someone on here will have a better idea that me. Best of luck.

This^^^

22K would be reasonable with that low milege.

xxxboost

Established Member
Highcomp. I agree with you totally. That carfax report is really a pain in the a$$. Not that I'm trying to pull one over on anybody, It's just really hurting the value of the sale.
I think this car with original paint, no accident should be in mid 20s, $25kish. Just painted because of scratches, $23-24k. I personally feel it should be an $18-20k car as it sits. I tried listing it before for $22500 obo until I ran the carfax. The few that were interested said $20k was too high for a car thats been repaired.I think I will just list it at $20k and wait for the right buyer. I'm sure I'll get a ton of people saying thats way too high, but oh well. They are just the trollers looking for a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread