Need Help please on springs ASAP.....

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Hey guys I have posted this before and I never really got an answer.
I 'am gonna be ordering springs tommorrow and need to know who makes springs with the least amount of a drop..
I was gonna go with the 00" cobra r but a friend told me that you dont even notice the difference.
I just want like an inch all the way around , nothing too low ...
I know H and r makes srpings but from what I have seen they go real low from pictures..
Any one please???:??:
Any suggestion would be great..
Thanks

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
It sounds like you guys might be interested in Steeda springs. I think they drop the car the mildest of the options out there. I'm running the Eibach prokit which drops lower than the Steedas but not as much as the HR's. Here's a pic:

NittoDR2.jpg

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
I think Eibach is protective of their spring rates. When I was trying to decide which springs to get, I was told that the Eibachs were originally designed for the 99,01 Cobras and that the spring rates up front were too low for our heavier engine. I then considered Steeda, but they don't seem to drop low enough in the back. I didn't wanna mess with trying different brands front/back, and I knew somebody in town who was very pleased with his Eibach drop. I think I made the right decision...

pny_xtc

Established Member
Are FRPP j-springs the same as the eibachs? I heard they were made by eibach but unsure if the are the same kit.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
damn halo
That looks almost perfect for me....
I wish the front the a tad bit higher...
But I think I just might go woth the Pro-kit...
How long have you had them for and any scraping ?
I wish more people would post more pics ..
Pics are a thousand words when it comes to this thing ..

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
pny_xtc: don't know much about the FRPP j-springs.

F8L Vnm: I've had them for about 3 months now. They will settle a bit after you first install them. The pic I posted is at an angle and does have the wheels cocked to the right a bit. From a straight side shot, the wheel fits almost perfectly centered in the wheel well.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Ok from what I have researched on every web site , I guess The Steedas and Pro kits are the lesser of the drop's...
I Think I might have changed my mind and go with the steedas. .
Can anyone chime in on cons of the steedas ????
I read somewhere that the steedas are weird because the back is really high???

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
F8l Vnm: Yup, I too considered the Steedas. I heard they were a bit stiffer up front than the Eibachs (which I liked), but they drop very little in the back (which I don't like). Somebody posted awhile back about using Steedas up front and H&Rs in the back and it looked pretty damn good. I didn't wanna mess with all that, however, and got the Eibachs. :rolling:

I'm also running a 305/35R18 in the back and with the larger side wall didn't want an H&R drop back there rubbing my fenders.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Originally posted by halo
F8l Vnm: Yup, I too considered the Steedas. I heard they were a bit stiffer up front than the Eibachs (which I liked), but they drop very little in the back (which I don't like). Somebody posted awhile back about using Steedas up front and H&Rs in the back and it looked pretty damn good. I didn't wanna mess with all that, however, and got the Eibachs. :rolling:

I'm also running a 305/35R18 in the back and with the larger side wall didn't want an H&R drop back there rubbing my fenders.

I remember that ..
I forgot who it was that posted about the steedas not being that low in the back....
Damn man..
I just went through such a head headchae with my 01 SS , that was lowered with long tubes and I hated life ...

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
I remember that ..
I forgot who it was that posted about the steedas not being that low in the back....
Damn man..
I just went through such a head headchae with my 01 SS , that was lowered with long tubes and I hated life ...
I hear ya... I can't tell you how many days I pondered which set to get. Good luck with your decision. :beer:

batfat

Established Member
I just put the Steedas on all around a couple of weeks ago together with MM spring isolators top and bottom. The front lowered 1/2" and the rear RAISED 1/2". All I am getting from Steeda during 2 phone calls is take out the rear isolators......What a joke. They made the springs the wrong height and refuse to admit it. They even told me to maybe cut off 1/2 a coil...Their website says 1.25" front and 1.00" back drop from the SPECIFIC 03/04 COBRA SPRINGS. Yea right....I will never buy another Steeda product. Their customer support sucks. THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, REFUSE TO ADMIT IT AND CONTINUE TO SELL THE SPRINGS!.........................

Last edited:

pny_xtc

Established Member
:rockon: I agree, it does look good. You wouldn't happen to know the measurement from the ground to the fender lip front and back, would you?

Users who are viewing this thread