need help please(cam sensor)

theblackstallio

Established Member
Wats up fellas, I am in need of help please,I gotta check engine light for the alternator so I replaced the alternator with a factory ford alrernator,now I am getting a code for a camshaftposition sensor number 2 so I replaced both cam sensors and still my cam position to sensor light or check engine light is still on please someone help thank you

JimIII@jdm

Was this the P0340 codes? I had similar issues and it was the alternator, if not I would try the cam phasers. Does it show a particular bank in the codes or both banks 1 & 2

JimIII

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
No I have not, how do you do that???

Alot of times when codes like this are thrown, when you replace the part and reset it, it's stored in the system. We usually disconnect the negative terminal for 30-40mins and reconnect it.

Was this the P0340 codes? I had similar issues and it was the alternator, if not I would try the cam phasers. Does it show a particular bank in the codes or both banks 1 & 2

JimIII

+1

theblackstallio

Established Member
Thats the weird thing, I replaced the factory ford alternator for a new factory alternator , and the battery light went away, but left behind a code for cam position sensor bank 2, and I have tried to disconnect the battery and I even over killed disconnected for 2 hrs re connected it but still :, ( , and I have to smog it by february and im concerned. But I dont want to go just yet to ford to pay alot of money so any help is greatly appreciated

05boostedgt

Established Member
Wats up fellas, I am in need of help please,I gotta check engine light for the alternator so I replaced the alternator with a factory ford alrernator,now I am getting a code for a camshaftposition sensor number 2 so I replaced both cam sensors and still my cam position to sensor light or check engine light is still on please someone help thank you

hey boss had the same thing happen in my stang when i first purchased it went through the same process you are . . . new alternator, new cam sensors, and finally i made the dealer that i purchased the car from reimburse me first then take the car back and finally his mechanics took it to a ford dealer and found out it was one of the cam phasers, they went through a small oil change company used something other than motor craft oil and oil filter and somehow got a fiber (from the o-ring in the filter i'm guessing) was stuck in the phaser and so one side was phasing correctly and the other was stuck causing a check engine light to kick on, long story short they replaced all timing components and have never had a check engine light since. hope this helps out a little......

Users who are viewing this thread