Need help picking tow rig.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
I currently have an Expedition and the lease runs out this year and I need something that can tow my jetski and the rest of my family to the lake. Better fuel mileage would be a plus, so I'm ok with a v6 if it can tow the jet ski easily.

Want's: Four doors (truck or suv)
Ability to tow
Room for the family
Decent mileage
Used cars only
Prices in the around 15,000

Any Suggestions? :shrug:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
F450. you might have a little trouble finding one for ~$15k, but if your gonna get a tow rig, might as well go all out, lol.

Sonic Snake

Established Member
I hear ya guys.. I originally wanted one of these but the wife didn't like the color. :D

exterior.jpg

Sonic Snake

Established Member
^That's a thought. I have seen a couple of people picking a Trailblazer for similar needs. I just not to happy with the looks of a Trailblazer, but the 4 runner is something I'll look in too.

Keep'em coming...

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
2wd or 4wd 02-06 Dodge Ram quad cab. Plenty of power to tow the jet ski and gives you room for four. The 4.7l gives a little better gas mileage than the hemi.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Liberty CRD. 5k tow capacity 19mpg towing. However, electric brakes are a must on big(ger) loads
DSC00825.jpg

CSVT_buhbye.jpg

terrible pictures I know.

Common

Established Member
2001 lifted F250 diesel. 151K on the clock. 4 door white. Great cond for it's miles and age.

Mine. Shameless plug.
Up until now, I have never even thought about selling, the new superduty is growing on me.

0829071812a.jpg

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Like some others have said, a used 1500 4 door chevy or GMC pickup. I have allways owned Fords and my last truck I decided to get the GMC because I like the LS motor and they ride nicer than the fords. Now 3 years later and 165K miles it still runs and drives like new and I have done nothing other than change the oil and just this past week I put the first set of plugs in it. They are good on gas and they tow real good.
My next truck will be another GMC.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread