Need Help On Gauge Pod

93VORTECH

Established Member
So i just ordered the DUAL Aeroforce Gauge Set-Up. Super pumped but looking for some info on Pillar Mounts. I DO NOT wanna drill into my factory Cobra pillar to mount on top. Is there anyone that sells a one-piece pillar with dual gauge set-up that i can just take my factory pillar out and save it and install a new aftermarket gauge pillar?

RichM1983

Established Member
I could not find one. The best option out there is sending it off and having the stock one modified to have dual pods. I think Speedhut does it. Someone will chime in on the company if I'm wrong.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I might be looking to dump my Speed of Sound pillar to go back to my stock one if that's what you are looking for. Otherwise, they just modify them now.

84002975-9C5F-4B95-B35E-373885E41ED0_zpshkpgktys.gif

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
So i just ordered the DUAL Aeroforce Gauge Set-Up. Super pumped but looking for some info on Pillar Mounts. I DO NOT wanna drill into my factory Cobra pillar to mount on top. Is there anyone that sells a one-piece pillar with dual gauge set-up that i can just take my factory pillar out and save it and install a new aftermarket gauge pillar?

Best bet would be to probably see if Autoantion has any new ones left. I don't think they are avalible anymore. Or get one in the market or from a junkyard and send it to speed of sound so you still have your factory unit.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Why not just get one from SOS. They make theirs from factory parts and add two pods to them. And they use actual factory color paint so they look absolutely factory.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/1994-2004MustangPod.html

Speed of Sound has always used genuine OEM parts to manufacture our patented gauge pillars. The OEM ceased making all 1994-2004 pillars several years ago. Because of this, our pillars for these cars are also discontinued.

We have started a program where you can send us your OEM pillar for modification into a single or dual gauge pillar (no triples have ever been available for 94-04). We do these builds six times per year in January, March, May, July, September and November. Please call 901.383.1621 or email [email protected] for more information. Please reference "Pillar Conversion" in the subject line.

OP doesn't want to have his stock one modified, so he would have to find another a pillar to send to SOS to have modified.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Best bet would be to probably see if Autoantion has any new ones left. I don't think they are avalible anymore. Or get one in the market or from a junkyard and send it to speed of sound so you still have your factory unit.
Not available anymore, just keep a eye on the Market as mentioned. They do pop up every once in a while.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
OP doesn't want to have his stock one modified, so he would have to find another a pillar to send to SOS to have modified.
SOS sends a complete unit. Remove stock pillar and put it away. Remove SOS pillar from box and install. Done.

01yellercobra

Established Member
SOS sends a complete unit. Remove stock pillar and put it away. Remove SOS pillar from box and install. Done.

They don't anymore. Since Ford stopped producing the trim they can't. You have to send yours in to be modified. I contacted them when I bought my 04.

Users who are viewing this thread