need help on 4v build

dairyair302

Established Member
I bought a 03 gt from a friend for dirt cheap and am doing a termi swap on a budget.
Ive got 05 aviator heads that will be gettin stage 3 port and stage 3 cams from mmr.
Lower termi intake. 2.8h kb blower kit. 60# injectors. T56 cobra trans w/scatter sheild and spec 3+ clutch.

Mmr 5.0 stroker kit 700hp rated

tuning will all be done at db performance in minnesota.

my question lies in the timing cover. I'm planning on getting a mark 8 timing cover. Will it work with the sc pulleys for the 03 cobra? And where can i get the necessary tensioners, idlers ect for the cobra?

I want 650 hp on the tire min.

Any thoughts on the mmr stroker kit and how far i can push it on a solid tune?

Any and all info is appreciated! Sorry i'm sure i spelt a ton of stuff wrong.

racebronco2

Established Member
I bought a 03 gt from a friend for dirt cheap and am doing a termi swap on a budget.
Ive got 05 aviator heads that will be gettin stage 3 port and stage 3 cams from mmr.
Lower termi intake. 2.8h kb blower kit. 60# injectors. T56 cobra trans w/scatter sheild and spec 3+ clutch.

Mmr 5.0 stroker kit 700hp rated

tuning will all be done at db performance in minnesota.

my question lies in the timing cover. I'm planning on getting a mark 8 timing cover. Will it work with the sc pulleys for the 03 cobra? And where can i get the necessary tensioners, idlers ect for the cobra?

I want 650 hp on the tire min.

Any thoughts on the mmr stroker kit and how far i can push it on a solid tune?

Any and all info is appreciated! Sorry i'm sure i spelt a ton of stuff wrong.

If you are using the Terminator lower intake than you need to get Terminator timing cover and accessories.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The Terminator cover has mounting bosses for the pulley bridge. They are hard to find. Turbo guys don't need them but may have a hard time parting with theirs.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Not that I am aware of. The pulley bridge supports all the secondary belt drive accessories so without that there is no place to mount the idler pulleys and belt tensioner.

PulleyBridge7A.jpg

Here's one on ebay less the pulley bridge

2003 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Timing Cover supercharger Eaton Swap Mach 1 | eBay

dairyair302

Established Member
I guess i will call ford for the bridge then if i cant find one on here...... im sure its not produced anymore just like all the other parts.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
My buddy has a KB 2.8 mammoth for sale and we are in MN. PM me if interested. I've had my car up at DB before. Good dudes up there.

dairyair302

Established Member
Copy that! After they told me the price difference i will just do it. I dont like buying parts twice. They want 2500 for the stage 3 cams and head porting with a full rebuild and bigger valves and springs.

Users who are viewing this thread