Need Help!!! Im Lost-All ALUM Intake

calypso92coupe

Established Member
Ok so my intake cracked and I have changed a few of these! So I decided I was going to fix this for good on this car! Well I got the ProComp all aluminum manifold! I installed it! (every stock part back onto it! And now I crank it and it idles around 22-2300 rpm. I cannot find any vac leaks! I also took it all the way back apart and found no issues! I really need to get the car going! It seems to be running great just idling way to high! any ideas would be really appreciated!!!

calypso92coupe

Established Member
So... I called ProComp! They say take the intake back off and take the 3 pieces apart, then add rtv to those parts and re install! wow where was the instructions to this???? Come in fully assembled! This has made me ill! I hope that this finally fixes it though! I am happy with the part just want it to work!!!!

calypso92coupe

Established Member
Well... After trying what ProComp told me to do, it still idles up to over 2000 rpm at idle! I replaced the iac valve and still same issue! If you have changed one of these intakes you would understand how frustrated I am! I just want this to work! I think I am going to return this and get an OEM intake and call it a day! any thing you guys think of anything to check or try let me know!

Last edited:

brys00gt

Established Member
Did you try spraying fluid along the intake to see if the idle changes ?

brys00gt

Established Member
Try that if the idle changes you found the spot. Did you check the intake gasket itself?

calypso92coupe

Established Member
Yes, gaskets look good! I checked them every time and looked good! I got the new ford ones for the install! I'm going to try the carb spray in a few! Will let you know my findings! Thanks for the help! I'm not DA when it comes to working on things but this has stumped me! My termi swap fox was almost easier than this lol! Post findings in few!

blacksheep-1

Established Member
just cruise around the intake with a can of wd 40, spray it wherever there is a gasket or o ring at some point the idle will change, that's the vacuum leak. Also recheck the maf and the throttle body connections.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
There is a vacuum line on the back on the intake plenum. Did you install that?

Take pictures of everything installed too.

Users who are viewing this thread