Need help ID'ing these heads

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
Local guy has some DOHC heads that are unknown. I need SVTP knowledge to help me ID what these are.

I think they're 99-01 but I'm not positive. Also, why are there only half cams in the right side?

420 said:
these were given to my by my dad. all i know is they are 4.6L cobra heads and that they are dual cam. don't know the year or anything else about them. any info you guys can give me would rock. here are the photos.

Picture164.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Those are c heads. And that's the passenger side heads missing half of it's cams. Never seen that before.

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
I know, I really have no idea why the cams are like that and can't tell from the pic. I don't think the guy that has them is really into cars because he told me that "these cams are multiple pieces" lol.

I'm just trying to make sure they are from a 99-01. They don't look like they have the rectangular exhaust port of the later C-heads.

95SC

Banned
01 Cobra heads for sure ,it's even stamped on them 00 means 2000 year

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
If I go and look at them in person I might be able to see what the deal with the cams are. I'm really curious too.

Thank you 95SC, I wouldn't have known 00 meant the year. Thanks a bunch!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I'de be weary of those due to the condition of the cams. Make sure you check out the cam journals closely.

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
From what I understand these heads are new never used. I'm thinking those cams are just bolted in for some reason. I have no idea why the cams are split in half like that but it should be pretty evident if they were cut for some reason or sheared. Either way since these are completely unknown I'm 100% suspect of everything in them and their condition.

Users who are viewing this thread