Need help identifing AC / Boost gauge vacuum lines

svtEIN

Established Member
While I was putting a ported blower on the car, I figured I would delete the egr crap. I followed this how-to:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?562225-The-complete-quot-EGR-Delete-quot-How-To

I believe I have everything routed correctly, I just would like some clarification that I put the boost gauge line and AC control line, that come from the firewall, in the right place. My problem is I didn't label them when I took them off, and now I'm not sure if I am mixing them up.

Here is a picture so you understand which lines I'm talking about. The two lines come through the same grommet where the bottom heater hose comes through. I am guessing the top is boost and bottom is ac. Someone please clarify.

20914124788_a81d0b89e0_z.jpg
[/url]boost.ac by Steven Brinson, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Additionally, you can go behind the glove box. the boost line has a splice right around the middle of the glove box. You can pull the line a few inches and then go back to the engine bay and see which line moved and know that is the boost line.

svtEIN

Established Member
Additionally, you can go behind the glove box. the boost line has a splice right around the middle of the glove box. You can pull the line a few inches and then go back to the engine bay and see which line moved and know that is the boost line.

I had a friend come over and watch while I moved the line in the glove box. I had it correct in the picture for future reference for others.

Thanks everyone

TRBO VNM

I had a friend come over and watch while I moved the line in the glove box. I had it correct in the picture for future reference for others.

Thanks everyone

Well then it can't be future reference because that is the first time I have seen that on any terminator I have dealt with the boost line.

Bottom line, like my second post, pull the line to tell if you are by yourself. Blow into it if you have someone else there so they can watch the stock gauge. I stated the first because I assume you would be by yourself.

svtEIN

Established Member
Well then it can't be future reference because that is the first time I have seen that on any terminator I have dealt with the boost line.

Bottom line, like my second post, pull the line to tell if you are by yourself. Blow into it if you have someone else there so they can watch the stock gauge. I stated the first because I assume you would be by yourself.

If someone stumbles upon this they can try both of your suggestions to figure it out. Thanks for your help. I've since got it tuned, and everything is working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread