NEED HELP FUEL ISSUES 99 Cobra

Pettinella2005

Established Member
Ok everyone....I need to know if this has happen to you cause I'm at my wits end. Suddenly about three months ago my 99 Cobra while driving or even at a stop light will suddenly stall and not restart. Sometimes it will restart for 10secs. and run extremely rough and then die again and not restart. Computer codes are for "Low fuel rail pressure" and "Fuel pump module disabled" Leave the car for a few hours and it will restart sometimes and sometimes it won't. Long story short we have replaced the fuel pump, and two fuel pump relays. Could it be the computer? or possibly a bad ground? I'm at my wits end becuase by the time I have it towed to the repair shop the thing starts right up again and they can't find any issues. Please help, what could it be? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Bob

Charged99

Established Member
I had a very similar problem. I had a bad ground from the block to the frame. On your odometer when the problem happens do you get "--------" instead of your mileage?

FooteSVT

Established Member
I had a similar problem, threw the same codes and it turned out to be a loose ground In between the intake and the passenger headlight.

Pettinella2005

Established Member
OK I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, FPDM, and it still does it but only if I drive it for some time. What else could it be? Bad ground, bad Computer?

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
My steps would be as follows....

First off check the ground situation....
Check fuel filter for blockage causing overheating issues...
Replace the CCRM with a known working one...

Users who are viewing this thread