NEED help for choosing my suspension

jpc42

Established Member
hi Guys, if someone didn't read my introduce, i tell you i'm sorry for my english
shrug.gif
because i'm french, i'll try to be as clear as possible

So i have a 2007 GT500, and most of the road around home are like the nurburgring nordschleife, curvy sometimes bumpy...may be i'll go on track day one times per year or one time every 2 years

i want to lower my car and i want to have a better handling and maniability at reasonable price (i must add expansive shipping cost, and about 30% tool fee and french VAT)...
for additional information my mechanic just fit on my car a "shelby performance parts panhard adjustable on car" one month ago previously to this, so it's done!

i don't know the way to go...please help me to choose :??:

IMHO i don't need fully adjustable, and i'd always think changing only the springs on the oem shocks and damper is not a good idea

what do you think between this 2 setups???

1: eibach pro-system kit damper and springs
35115.780 Mustang Eibach Pro-System Suspension Kit GT500 2005-2010 | CJ Pony Parts

2: ford racing handling kit damper and springs
M-18000-G Mustang Ford Racing Handling Kit GT500 Coupe 2007-2012 | CJ Pony Parts

in this 2 case i'll use eibach camber adjustement kit
5.81260K Mustang Eibach Camber Adjustment Kit 2005-2014 | CJ Pony Parts

But must i had ford racing front strut mount upgrade?
M-18183-C Mustang Ford Racing Front Strut Mount Upgrade Pair 2005-2014 | CJ Pony Parts
must i go absolutly with better LCA (with relocation bracket) and UCA?? adjustable or not? or if it's not necessary?
i'm with Bridgestone RE050 all around and i don't have any wheel hop for the moment

Probably the best combo could be tokico D and steeda GT500 sport springs
Steeda GT500 Mustang Sport Springs - Made in the USA 555-8217 555-8218 - Free Shipping!
Tokico D-Spec Adjustable Strut & Shock Kit TO00101 (05-10 All) - Free Shipping DB5013||DE3753||DSP-12||TO00101

but the price is near eibach coilovers, around only 100$ difference...
35115.711 Mustang Eibach Pro-Street Coilover Suspension Kit GT500 2007-2010 | CJ Pony Parts

but for my use do i really need such a set up???

i'd like the eibach because the rear is lower a little than the front...

may be do you have another idea???

thanks for your answer
beerchug.gif

Regards from france :thumbsup:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
simple...buy a take off SVTPP strut/Shock/spring combo from someone who changed...its proven and your likely to get a good deal on it. Im saving mine just incase I decide to return to only street duty.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Contact Van at Revan Racing.
He is a site sponsor here and also uses his car on track, I like to take suspension advice from guys that actually have experience with it.
Good luck, way to represent American muscle in France!
-J

jpc42

Established Member
Contact Van at Revan Racing.
He is a site sponsor here and also uses his car on track, I like to take suspension advice from guys that actually have experience with it.
Good luck, way to represent American muscle in France!
-J
i've think about contact him, BUT i had search on his website 07-09 Shelby GT500 - Suspension - Revan Racing, Inc. and as i can see i didn't have one of the 2 set up i'm looking for...you think may be he can??

it would be badly from me to contact him and ask for somethings he can't sell and after buy somewhere else, i can't do that...but as all i'd read on svt forum and others, van is surely a good adress.

jpc42

Established Member
simple...buy a take off SVTPP strut/Shock/spring combo from someone who changed...its proven and your likely to get a good deal on it. Im saving mine just incase I decide to return to only street duty.
I thought has this enventuality, but often not much price difference with the new...
but i'm looking at this advert http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/suspension-brakes-284/976617-fs-bmr-gt500-suspension-parts.html , i worry he have already sold the eibach camber bolt...and as i've still not decide the way to go...

in my fisrt thread i wrote cjpony links just for example, there is the same items at lethalperformance...or another place.

one of my problem is to find a shop who accept to use USPS priority mail international for the package

cluscher

Established Member
Van can get most things even if they're not on his site. Bottom line is you will get real good advice and he doesn't mind giving it.

I know you didn't mention Griggs, but for the price of what you're looking at just get the Griggs SS kit for a bit more. It's definitely worth it. It's hard to describe what a difference it makes.

cobraboss

Established Member
Van can get most things even if they're not on his site. Bottom line is you will get real good advice and he doesn't mind giving it.

I know you didn't mention Griggs, but for the price of what you're looking at just get the Griggs SS kit for a bit more. It's definitely worth it. It's hard to describe what a difference it makes.
That's the way to go!

jpc42

Established Member
thanks for all the reply

ok i'll try to contact him and see what he can propose to me
do you have a link and price??
i remember i'd read griggs was very good but very expansive and i want a set up a reasonnable price...that's why i don't go immediatly to coilovers (and also because d'ont need full adjustable for my use)

cluscher

Established Member
You can check out Griggs' website, but just give Van a call so he can walk you through your options and provide pricing accordingly. There are many options with Griggs depending on your goals and the size of your wallet.

jpc42

Established Member
my english is not good enough to give Van a call, face to face i'll be able to be undestood and to understand. i'll send him a pm with the link of this trhead for explain him and ask what he's give me for option

i'll search on griggs web site, but not sure it will be ok for my vallet (don't forget i have very expansive shipping and have to add 30% VAT and toll) so on my about 1000-1100$ i want to buy, around 600$ is for items, 200-300$ shipping and 200-300$ tax (VAT is on the item's price AND on the shipping cost)...

jpc42

Established Member
The KR suspension is nice... had it on my Shelby. You can find it on Ebay still

2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Shocks Struts and Springs Brand New Original | eBay
that could be a good idea thanks, didn't think about this alternative

Whats the différence exactly with the factory on a 2007??
lower? same shocks but different springs? same srpings with different shocks damper?

Imatk

Established Member
that could be a good idea thanks, didn't think about this alternative

Whats the différence exactly with the factory on a 2007??
lower? same shocks but different springs? same srpings with different shocks damper?

Night and day difference from the factory suspension.

Much more planted and firm, but not as harsh a ride as the FRPP springs and shocks.... not as low a drop in the front and back either.

I found them to be pretty perfect actually.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I would go w/ Steeda springs, Steeda strut mounted camber plates and Koni STRT shocks/struts. The Koni STRT's are a very affordable shock/strut and will probably be perfect for what you are looking to do with the car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread