need help finishing my Vortech install

TXSVT1

Established Member
OK guys like the title says I need some help finishing off my Vortech with boss Im installation. I pretty much have everything ready to go I just need to know a couple of things. First is what gap do I use for my Ngk iridiums? 2nd is the nipple on the bov supposed to have anything connected it to it? And finally I bought a roush bap and need help making it work on mine since I don't have a intake , manifold like the TV set ups. I know a member tyndallcbr posted some pics but need to find out where one of the hoses connects to. I would post some pics but don't know how to.

4VFTW

Established Member
iirc i gapped my plugs at 32 which i think is what they were from the box.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I've never seen the NGK's come out of the box at .32. One just installed where out of the box at .56.

I would ask your tuner about the plugs, anywhere from .28-.32 is usually what people do.

The BOV has a vacuum line that runs to a T in the brake booster line if it is a manual and the auto goes to the check valve by the heater hose.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
If someone doesnt understand .028-.032 when someone is saying gap at .28-.32 then there is not enough help in the world to help that person.

5lho

Established Member
You need to connect the BOV to a source of manifold pressure/vacuum. Cut the hose to the brake booster and use the supplied brass T to plug into. I cut the line to the BOV a little downstream of the T and installed a second small T to source my boost gauge as well.

Users who are viewing this thread