Need help deciding on suspension kit

Willmkent

Established Member
Hey guys,

so ive been debating back and forth for over a month now on the combination of suspension that o want to go with, I've done internet searches, forum searches and even reached out to a few friends that have mustangs but I'm not getting the type of information that I'm looking for.

i am deciding between the following 2 combinations.

Koni yellows (adjustable) with eibach pro kit springs
or
Steeda pro action shocks and struts (non adjustable) with either the steeda pro springs or the ultralight springs.

my car is a fun daily driver that may hit the track 1 time every couple years, I truly just enjoy spirited driving and nice handling. But I enjoy the ride being stiffer than stock just not beating.

to give you guys an idea of what I like, my stock 2015 mustang with the performance pack handled perfect!

hopefully someone can help shed some light on these setups. I've had eibach before and many have as well, but I. Very curious about the steeda setup as I know they make great stuff but there are not very many stories, reviews, or personal accounts of people owning that setup!

thanks!

Willmkent

Established Member
Not bad recommendations ! I'm assuming that both options stiffin on the ride a little bit, I don't mind the ride to be bouncy and firm, I just don't want to hit a bump and think the strut when through the strut tower.

rdplain

Established Member
My recommendation for dampers: http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-shockstrut-0510gt.html

I have these FRPP adjustable dampers and absolutely love them. They are tighter then track pack cars but not harsh, the wheels stay planted and body roll is minamal. I am also on FRPP P springs. Highly recommended.

Running these as well with P's and am very happy with them.
Those Bilstein's from Vorshlag are very tempting though...

Willmkent

Established Member
I definitely like the idea of using ford racing. I really wonder what the setup is like with the springs too.

I LOVED how the ride was on my 15 performance pack, it was kinda bouncy but stiff and planted and actually most people complained about it being factory but it was great to drive

11gtcs

Established Member
Ya I really wanted to stick with ford parts too but they are pricey. I was originally thinking of going with the roush suspension kit or a good set of track pack take-offs but then found my m-18000-c dampers with P springs brand new in box for a steal of a deal on kijiji and couldn't pass them up. I am so glad I hoped on that deal and am super impressed with the ride and handling compared stock!

Willmkent

Established Member
so I definitely like the Vorshlag setup, there is no doubt that after reading that the suspension is quite nice! if I may, while looking into the Steeda spring and Shock kit its only 680.00 I was hoping to hear testimony as to how they where, because I won't really be tracking the car at all, just a daily driver that I want to ride with some soul.

that Vorshlag kit is awesome no doubt, but I was hoping to be under $1000 with camber bolts and not full blown mounts..

so let me ask, are the bolts just BS, and mounts are really needed?

Willmkent

Established Member
Yea I felt like that was a pretty cheap out option. Doing mounts sounds more like doing it right

Users who are viewing this thread