Need Help ASAP!!!

barspen

Established Member
This will not work on the situation the OP is in. This tool is for the 3v modulars with the extended tip spark plugs. There's a metal shield below the plug threads that breaks off because of carbon build up. The tool is to retrieve that metal shield that's wedged in the head.

Good to know...

nxhappy

Established Member
I wouldn't mess with it. You could do more damage . Just take it to a shop. Have them remove it and clean up the threads.

brandonflood123

Established Member
also imgur.com you can upload your pics to it and they give you afew posting options and one is for fourms

ive had this happen in my 3v gt before, they do sell a tool, and you can do it yourself, if you take it to dealer( ford dealer qouted me) 125 per plug. i said hell no and got the tool and did it myself

Reaper6193

Established Member
2eph5sl.jpg

282g590.jpg

fullboogie

Established Member
Make sure you soak it down with some PB Blaster for a good while before you try to turn it. It should come right out.

Reaper6193

Established Member
Well right now the thing is so damn snug I'm afraid of turning it anymore counter clockwise, this one guy said to go back and forth with it til it comes out....

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Put the easy out in the freezer. Try to cool the broken part with either, then try the cold easy out right away. This might make the broken part shrink and break loose easier.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd use carb and choke cleaner. Don't over do it because everything will just end up in the cylinder. PB Blaster is good for rust and that's a nickel plated plug, so rust isn't likely the problem. It's probably carbon around the threads that is making it difficult to turn. Looks like it broke clean, so you shouldn't worry about using the easy out.

This is likely the cause.

Last edited:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
What NGK plug is that? I put a TR6 in a vise, whacked it with a hammer, and couldn't get it to break there. If it is a TR6, then it's defective for sure. If none of the above remedies work with reasonable effort, then I would just have it towed to the dealer. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

nxhappy

Established Member
if you can't get it out just take it to the shop....they shouldn't charge you too much to remove it ...

Users who are viewing this thread