Need expert advice - should I be concerned?

Should I be concerned?

• Definitely

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • Not a big deal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maxedwell

I'm looking at buying a used '14 GT500. This picture of the engine bay shows what appears to be a crack at the top of the strut tower brace. What do you think?
IMG_0860.JPG

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can't tell if it's truly a crack, or if it's just some sticky residue with dirt on it.

stanger1

Established Member
That looks like its been in a wreck. I would say that's major structurally.
Myself, I would pass on it, unless it's really cheap.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Clean car history? See if the edges along the fender on inside of engine bay match paint wise. Looking to see if its been repainted. Could be indicative of a hit to that side of car.

Id be leary. Would take a rather hard hit to Crack it imo.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Does not look like a crack to me .
Something that severe , surly would not have made it out of a repair shop.

paluka21

Established Member
Where's the stock radiator cover? That supposed crack doesn't look right to me. I'd find out exactly what it is, and if indeed it is a crack then whoever did the repair work on a that wrecked car should be out of a job.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Where's the stock radiator cover? That supposed crack doesn't look right to me. I'd find out exactly what it is, and if indeed it is a crack then whoever did the repair work on a that wrecked car should be out of a job.

Damn didn't even notice the radiator cover was missing. Looks terrible without it. A definite further look into that strut tower is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearthesnake

Established Member
Also, has the boot on the CAI right before the Throttle body look like it's been scratched all up or sanded for some reason? Doesn't look smooth but I can't zoom in to verify.

paluka21

Established Member
Also, has the boot on the CAI right before the Throttle body look like it's been scratched all up or sanded for some reason? Doesn't look smooth but I can't zoom in to verify.
Someone probably put Armorall on it. That's how mine used to look when I used that cheap stuff for plastic parts. Uneven coat that's still wet.

nxhappy

Established Member
can't tell for sure but it does look like it's cracked with chipped paint. If so, that would indicate a major wreck. Is the price too good to be true on this car? Did you run a carfax?

svt662

Established Member
Looks like the rear fender bolt has paint missing from these photos plus the paint work on the fender and the rad cover missing I would 100% pass and look for a real one. You get what you pay for and I would rather do it nice not twice! Good luck.....

MastaAce03

Established Member
Keep looking buddy. Absolutely no reason to buy that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread