Need exhaust info.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Can some of you recommend mid pipes that offer good cost to power ratio? I am leaning towards an h pipe and probably don't want to go OR.

I am open to all types and just need help finding a brand and a place that sells them for a resonable price. Once I get some opinions I can hit http://ubb.mustangexhaust.com/cgi-b...i?ubb=forum;f=7 and listen to see if the unit has the sound I like.

Also, can someone tell me if X or H pipes make more highway drone then the other? It matters to me as I want sound not drone.

Thanks,
Bruce

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would personally recommend the stainless steel MRT catted H-pipe. Goes for around $450.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Bob,
I wanted to stay under $400. I could get the OR pipe, but it's proabably WAY to loud for a daily driver.

I've been leaning towards the MRT though.

Bruce

Dominick32

BANNED
Me personally, after years of experience with them on mustangs and now my 03 cobra: Mac Pro-Chamber H-Pipe.

Out of all the midpipes I have tried and Mustang Magic has tried and dyno'd. Mac Prochamber always put out the highest hp/tq numbers.

Bassani catless X puts out similar numbers however it has a different type of sound that i dont prefer.

Dom

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Brucealeg
Bob,
I wanted to stay under $400. I could get the OR pipe, but it's proabably WAY to loud for a daily driver.

I've been leaning towards the MRT though.

Bruce
I hear ya! I saw one sell recently on eBay for $396. (only used one day) so deals are available on mid-pipes if you keep your eyes and ears open.

Users who are viewing this thread