Need Everyone's Opinion - Please Help

04MC

Established Member
Currently I have MRT CATTED H + SLP LM2 - I am thinking about replacing it with magnaflow catback. The only thing that bothers me about this setup now is the harley blap sound at partial throttle around 3000 RPMs.

Do you guys think the magnaflow will eliminate it knowing it is a bigger muffler?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
04MC said:
The only thing that bothers me about this setup now is the harley blap sound at partial throttle around 3000 RPMs.
That's the exact reason I put the cats back on my mid-pipe... it purrs now :-D

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Well, FWIW... on my old mach1, I ran my Bassani x pipe w/o the cats, with the SLP LM2 catback, and I never got the blat sound you are talking about.

04MC

Established Member
Thanks for the reply

Well knowing the stingers are very similar to the SLP LM2, I doubt that it would eliminate the sound I have now ...

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
think the mags will calm it down. personally i love the noise from my lm1's (catted bassani mid), but hey to each thier own.

04MC

Established Member
After hearing a clip of the mrt catted h + magnaflow the conclusion I come is that it has to be the mid pipe ... Here is the clip http://www.lvfoxbody.com/safety/paul.WMV The blap is still there seems quieter than mine, but knowing I didn't hear the other gears, don't want to take a chance.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not convinced it is the midpipe. My first combo was a Magnaflow catted X-pipe and a Magnaflow catback. Popped like a Harley! I replaced the catback with a Steeda catback and the popping disappeared. Personally I wouldn't rush out and replace the midpipe UNTIL you're absolutely certain that it is indeed the midpipe. They're not cheap!

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Its the mid thats making it sound like that. ANy H design is generally gonna give you that harley-esque sound. A C/B will accentuate or dull that sound to a small degree, but the heart and soul of your exhaust sound deriviates from your midpipe.

Get a bassani ORX and have a go at it then :)

04MC

Established Member
I know I am not going to replace the midpipe, but until I hear a clip of the mrt catted H + with a catback that doesn't have the harley blap I'm keeping it the way it is. No deals for the steeda hmm? Fixed price ? Added the clip to my previous post.

ViciousJay

Established Member
hmmmm i run a o/r prochamber and a LM2 and i got next to nothing for drone or pop unless i throw it in 3rd or 2nd @ like 3K or higher

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Snarf said:
Hell my ORX was 249 shipped to my door. Thats a helluva lot cheaper than prett ymuch any CB i've ever seen new.
Of course it would be. You didn't get the cats. I'm talking about doing it legally. Stainless steel catted mid-pipes of any brand are not cheap.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My only advice is to contact a couple of people who are using the MRT catted H-pipe and ask if it pops. Ask the same thing of a couple of people using the MRT O/R H-pipe. And ask a couple of people using a Magnaflow or Bassani X-pipe (catted and O/R) and see what the survey tells you. The worse thing you can do is just take the advice or opinion of one person, including myself, and run out and spend money on something you hope will make you happy. Do your homework, analyze the results and you should have a clear direction as far as which way to go.

04MC

Established Member
Also the fact that for me to get rid of a superb quality system like the SLP I would have to get something similar or better in quality and I don't think the magnaflow system even comes close.

Users who are viewing this thread