need engine help

bobbys97r

Established Member
I went to take the car for a spin and I hit it in first gear hit 3K RPMs and it was like hitting a ****ing brick wall it will rev past that but very slowley while poping and spuddering and a huge power loss. All I can think of is IMRC but I drove the car last night and it was fine.

tt54l32v

Established Member
Check fuel pressure and while your checking it duplicate when it did it. i.e if it was cold and what not.

bobbys97r

Established Member
Ok i tore in to the engine this after noon and the IMRC looked bad but not that bad but my valves looked like hell

16le42q.jpg

2r2om6d.jpg

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
That is gnarly as ****. Thats how bad my motor was when we pulled it for the rebuild. Im thinking it is all the oil that is sen through the pcv system. Im deleting my pcv system with the new motor.

Toasty

Established Member
That is gnarly as ****. Thats how bad my motor was when we pulled it for the rebuild. Im thinking it is all the oil that is sen through the pcv system. Im deleting my pcv system with the new motor.

Dont delete, its there for a reason. A $15 campbell hausfeld oil seperator available almost anywhere, and $2 worth of tubing can fix that problem. The terminator guys seem to be big on this mod.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I like breathers!

To clean, (With old spark plugs)
I bump the motor til the intake valve opens, spray the hell out of it with carb cleaner, let sit a few minutes to evaporate, move to the next one.

When it is all back together, fire it up. That crap will burn out in no time.

Change plugs.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Dont delete, its there for a reason. A $15 campbell hausfeld oil seperator available almost anywhere, and $2 worth of tubing can fix that problem. The terminator guys seem to be big on this mod.

A Campbell Housfield seperator is not compatible with synthetic oils.

Go with Breathers.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
+1 on breathers.

I kept watching all these people mess with spending money on so-so separators, so I just went to Autozone and spent $9 to eliminate the problem completely. lol.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
that is pretty rougish looking in there! I agree with stampede, carb cleaner is your best bet. Although i think i would do one cylinder and fire it up after each one while its good and ready to be blown out.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
ok im gonna swallow my pride and ask a seemingly stupid question...what are breathers?

Users who are viewing this thread