Need engine bay measurement please...

straightpaint

Established Member
Having trouble centering motor. looking for the distance between the passenger side frame raIL (near plastic flap) to center of crank bolt. Also if possible same measurement to the drivers side. it would really make my day if I can get measurements from somebody with a completely stock car and also measurements from somebody with a qa1 K member. Thank you everyone appreciate your effort

97snakebite

Established Member
Unless your kmember is tweaked or bad mounts It should be centered once on the mounts

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

straightpaint

Established Member
normally I would assume so but it seems like the water pump bolt is what centered on this motor and not the crank. that's why I'm looking for the measurements off the frame raIL so I could figure out what's tweaked if anything or I'm being crazy. tons of clearance between the drivers side side header and the body but no clearance in the passenger side

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Do you have a picture , of your clearance problems ?
Unless your kmember is tweaked or bad mounts It should be centered once on the mounts

Do you have the motor mounts swapped by chance , left on right , right on left .
I know it is not the same, but I swapped complete 01 Cobra K member with the 4.6 four cam , into a 91 Fox coupe , with not problems .
Everything lined up perfectly.

97snakebite

Established Member
normally I would assume so but it seems like the water pump bolt is what centered on this motor and not the crank. that's why I'm looking for the measurements off the frame raIL so I could figure out what's tweaked if anything or I'm being crazy. tons of clearance between the drivers side side header and the body but no clearance in the passenger side
The header locations sound about right...passenger side is really close to the rail compared to the driver side

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

straightpaint

Established Member
there's nothing you will be able to distinguish from photos I just need those measurements please from somebody with a stock k memeber and from someone with a qa1 K member. I can get my hand between the driver side header and the frame rail but there is zero clearance on the passenger side as it dented my header

Users who are viewing this thread