Need computer help fast. Best buy unfortunately.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
thanks. lol @ rdj, leave it up to somebody who thinks they are always right :rolls eyes:

I have 30 years experience on you there sport. your blanket statements and hyperbole in your stated dislike for dell is just that worthless drivel since it is not based in reality. You want to get personal with this take it to smackdown otherwise move on.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
i did not dispute that ... why you are bringing it up is beyond me. most any laptop built in 2005 is a door stop so "IBM Laptops" are worthless. and as I said .. Lenovo was bought by the communist chinese. I do not recommend communist products to customers ever. I do not support communist countries with my American Dollars when I have a choice in the matter

again, what's your point? I said most, not all, and apple is the major exception, Dell has done both as far as motherboards go. Since I was not directly involved with HP or the others I cannot say to what extent they have. I can say that the other companies ALL use hard drives and memory from third parties. so if one company has a run of bad hard drives it is likely that one or more of their competitors will have the same issues because the hard drives came out of the same factory.

that other reply you did is a mess and not going to bother with it.

@rdj

I personally know a local company i was going to work for they did alot of the 3rd party warranty work for dells, and they have tons of them to be fixed, alot of issues, all the dell monitors, digital cameras etc, were rejected older sony models, they rebranded and resold as a "dell" monitor or product for more $. Lol i stand by my own experience, because ive had nothing but tons of customers coming to me with problems on dell and hp models. And just because the 'goverment' and military have and use dells doesnt mean they are good, they go for a budget and whoever gives them the best " deal " and contract depending what the budget is for goverment use.

I personally work for a very Large paint company , Which we sell and make alot of the camo military paint for air national guard the sub base etc. Doesnt mean are product is the best, we just give them a good deal, the guy who is in govt purchasing has a contract with us or with the govt and they buy alot off us for a reason hence why they do business with us. its a job bid whoever gives the best deal.

Just like i live in the "insurance capital of the us" aetna . The hartford etc insurance companys all have contracts and they use dell, hp etc for computers, because they will buy 50-100 at one time and they go with whoever gives them a contract deal with the best price. Again doest say " oh they use them so they are good or the best because the military uses them.

This is true and i agree with you at end of the day its personal experience .. and now adays this is true. But if you went back to the 80's and 90's compaq did use brand specific parts and memory, the hard drives were junk even then they used "scuzzi" ( I think from my memory) brand hard drives and hp and others were using fuji other brand hard drives. which they were like apple using brand specific parts, When i would use western digital i stand by them esp in the 90's. same with apple, before years ago they had brand specific hard drives and memory amd the processor before the g5 and g4 processors were made by apple, they would use dual processors in the 90's. now apple Use intel processors, the only thing apple is the software pretty much and the case, the actual hard drive, memory, processor, motherboards etc are intel based. I know this...

Dont sound so butthurt, I'm 29 ive been working on them since I was 12 or 13, do the math. I started on the 386 / 486 cpu's , I use to buy and sell old pcs , fix them swap parts, part them out build them. I started on dell and windows 3.1 , then windows 95 and windows NT in school, ive used every operating system, dos, windows 3.1, windows nt, windows 95, windows 98, windows ME. windows 2000 pro, windows server, windows xp all service packs, windows xp windows vista windows 7. I just dont keep up on any of the new stuff now or junk windows 8 , I dont want to or work in the computer field anymore or have any want to anymore. ;) I just work on the side now fix peoples pcs and laptops for them.

So pump your chest up mr RDJ, MR :" i'm older then you "@ and I have to get butt hurt over a guy asking for input.

This is me stating I do know what im talking about and I have many years of experience, since you found that "so funny " and amuseing, I think if I know what DOS is or windows 3.1 that should say enough ;) ask anybody with 10 years or less experience most will say "dos windows 3.1 " wtf is that? lol thats my point ;)

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I personally know a local company i was going to work for they did alot of the 3rd party warranty work for dells, and they have tons of them to be fixed, alot of issues, all the dell monitors, digital cameras etc, were rejected older sony models, they rebranded and resold as a "dell" monitor or product for more $. Lol i stand by my own experience, because ive had nothing but tons of customers coming to me with problems on dell and hp models. And just because the 'goverment' and military have and use dells doesnt mean they are good, they go for a budget and whoever gives them the best " deal " and contract depending what the budget is for goverment use.
Since niether you nor they have a ****ing clue how this works let me explain it to you. Dell does not buy "rejected older sony models" and rebrand them as Dell regardless of what you were told. what they DO do and what other brands do is contract with a maker SONY in this case to take a camera they are already producing and put DELLs name on it (or HP or whatever other company you choose). Dell makes servers for a couple of other companies and they come out of the Dell factory with the name of the other company on the case. and far as having 'tons' of customers good for you. that means that more people in your area are buying dells and hps so more people are going to be having issues. in reality they are only a small fraction of the people who have Dells and HPs.
I personally work for a very Large paint company , Which we sell and make alot of the camo military paint for air national guard the sub base etc. Doesnt mean are product is the best, we just give them a good deal, the guy who is in govt purchasing has a contract with us or with the govt and they buy alot off us for a reason hence why they do business with us. its a job bid whoever gives the best deal.
Just like i live in the "insurance capital of the us" aetna . The hartford etc insurance companys all have contracts and they use dell, hp etc for computers, because they will buy 50-100 at one time and they go with whoever gives them a contract deal with the best price. Again doest say " oh they use them so they are good or the best because the military uses them.
great non point point. the fact remains that if these companies don't get good service or their break fix numbers are too high they move on to another provider. the fact that they don't says something about that provider.
This is true and i agree with you at end of the day its personal experience .. and now adays this is true. But if you went back to the 80's and 90's compaq did use brand specific parts and memory, the hard drives were junk even then they used "scuzzi" ( I think from my memory) brand hard drives and hp and others were using fuji other brand hard drives. which they were like apple using brand specific parts, When i would use western digital i stand by them esp in the 90's. same with apple, before years ago they had brand specific hard drives and memory amd the processor before the g5 and g4 processors were made by apple, they would use dual processors in the 90's. now apple Use intel processors, the only thing apple is the software pretty much and the case, the actual hard drive, memory, processor, motherboards etc are intel based. I know this...
it's SCSI (LOL at scuzzi and you want me believe the rest of the crap you have said) Apple never did manufacturer they own processors they chose to use processors from MOS Technologies rather than INTEL when they started. They did not manufacturer their own memory, neither did COMPAQ, they used stuff from a third party. you really should check your facts before you run your mouth and accuse me of "puffing up my chest" 30 years experience and watching this stuff develop from the get go while you were learning to walk makes me more knowledgeable on it whether you think so or not.
Dont sound so butthurt, I'm 29 ive been working on them since I was 12 or 13, do the math. I started on the 386 / 486 cpu's , I use to buy and sell old pcs , fix them swap parts, part them out build them. I started on dell and windows 3.1 , then windows 95 and windows NT in school, ive used every operating system, dos, windows 3.1, windows nt, windows 95, windows 98, windows ME. windows 2000 pro, windows server, windows xp all service packs, windows xp windows vista windows 7. I just dont keep up on any of the new stuff now or junk windows 8 , I dont want to or work in the computer field anymore or have any want to anymore. ;) I just work on the side now fix peoples pcs and laptops for them.
I am going to call BS on this .. if you have ever worked with SCSI you know how to spell it. I haven't touched a SCSI drive in probably 10 years but I haven't forgotten how to spell it. And just how much time have you spent on the engineering side? worked for a company in the industry that actually designs and builds computers? how much time have you spent doing anything but basic troubleshooting and "swapping parts"? spend any time with an engineer troubleshooting a third party add-in card that isn't working and then call the maker of the card and tell them what's wrong with their design and why it's not working with machines with more modern processors? do some of this and then you can open your pie hole

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Since niether you nor they have a ****ing clue how this works let me explain it to you. Dell does not buy "rejected older sony models" and rebrand them as Dell regardless of what you were told. what they DO do and what other brands do is contract with a maker SONY in this case to take a camera they are already producing and put DELLs name on it (or HP or whatever other company you choose). Dell makes servers for a couple of other companies and they come out of the Dell factory with the name of the other company on the case. and far as having 'tons' of customers good for you. that means that more people in your area are buying dells and hps so more people are going to be having issues. in reality they are only a small fraction of the people who have Dells and HPs.
great non point point. the fact remains that if these companies don't get good service or their break fix numbers are too high they move on to another provider. the fact that they don't says something about that provider.
it's SCSI (LOL at scuzzi and you want me believe the rest of the crap you have said) Apple never did manufacturer they own processors they chose to use processors from MOS Technologies rather than INTEL when they started. They did not manufacturer their own memory, neither did COMPAQ, they used stuff from a third party. you really should check your facts before you run your mouth and accuse me of "puffing up my chest" 30 years experience and watching this stuff develop from the get go while you were learning to walk makes me more knowledgeable on it whether you think so or not.
I am going to call BS on this .. if you have ever worked with SCSI you know how to spell it. I haven't touched a SCSI drive in probably 10 years but I haven't forgotten how to spell it. And just how much time have you spent on the engineering side? worked for a company in the industry that actually designs and builds computers? how much time have you spent doing anything but basic troubleshooting and "swapping parts"? spend any time with an engineer troubleshooting a third party add-in card that isn't working and then call the maker of the card and tell them what's wrong with their design and why it's not working with machines with more modern processors? do some of this and then you can open your pie hole

heres the link...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI

FYI, you yourself should check things before you make fun of people who were trying to remember the name of something off the fly of old tech this is right from wikipedia....

Larry Boucher is considered to be the "father" of SASI and SCSI due to his pioneering work first at Shugart Associates and then at Adaptec.

Until at least February 1982, ANSI developed the specification as "SASI" and "Shugart Associates System Interface;"however, the committee documenting the standard would not allow it to be named after a company. Almost a full day was devoted to agreeing to name the standard "Small Computer System Interface," which Boucher intended to be pronounced "sexy", but ENDL's Dal Allan pronounced the new acronym as "scuzzy" and that stuck.

scuzzy2_zpsea4fe0f9.jpg

Sounds like your butthurt and taking the hate for dell and hp to personal, I assume you work or have worked for them is what I gather from all your bs..

...This is my point yes you have more experience then me, wow congrats your older then me.. want a pat on the back? I was never talking to you I was giving advice to the poster, doesnt mean this has to turn into " I'M smarter then you bullshit, and thats exactly what you started in this guys thread your the one who hijacked this quoted me and right off the bat with the " hahaha this is funny i was doing this before you were born bullshit...Thats just cocky and not needed in a mature conversation of advice on a purchase of a laptop this guy wanted to buy, and is deff you pumping up your chest , do me a favor end it your what 60 years old? act like your age old man grow up :)

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
blah blah blah
let the butthurt flow through you man. if you had delt with SCSI like you said you did you would know it how it was spelled. the fact that your article says that is how it is pronounced means exactly zero. becasue that IS the way it is pronounced but not spelled. it has NEVER been spelled that way in industry EVER. but whatever ... take your butthurt elsewhere I am done with you

Regulars520

Established Member
You know Scuzzi.... Its next to the Flex capacitor, Doc brown showed me one the other day. He said "Scuzzi me, can I show you my Scuzzi"? Sorry at work and bored at the moment.....

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
i just want to say..... SCSI.... regardless of it being pronounced "scuzzy" or not.. is still SCSI... and if you've ever had to work with "scuzzy" and been in the professional IT field long enough to have done so.. you would never type anything other than SCSI. I've only been in IT professionally since 2004ish.... but I would never type out "scuzzy" when having a conversaion or a debate with someone about computers.

Users who are viewing this thread