Need Advice

USMC0341

Established Member
Well I have a problem, my clutch takes a lot of effort to push. I had a left leg injury and with the hard clutch, it makes driving the cobra a miserable experience. The clutch engages about a inch off the floor which adds to my problem. I have tried adjusting the clutch and I have to sit as close as possible to have good leverage.

I drove my friends 03 z06 vette and I almost pushed the clutch pedal thru the floor, It was that light! Is there anything I can do? a replacement clutch? I've had this car six months and I put just 3000 miles on it because I hate driving it in traffic.

Don't get me wrong, I love this car, its my dream car! But I want to get the most enjoyment I can out of it. Well thanks for letting rant. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me

Thanks

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
You can get the UPR 3 hook quadrant and firewall adjuster installed. With these, you can have the clutch engage much higher. Also, the spring from the original quadrant is removed. I think this will reduce the pedal pressure requirement. Finally, you could always find a good machine shop and have them manufacture you a quadrant that has a shorter lever arm. This will greatly decrease the amount of pedal force required to work the clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread