Need advice on Radiator and Cooling Fan

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Hello,

I have indeed searched, and discovered some options, but wanted to check with the experts anyway.

This is not for my 04 Cobra. This is for my Eaton swapped 98 Mustang GT.

It runs hot in traffic. Drives me insane. Has done this forever. I have my old Cobra radiator in the front right now, and a replacement fan from LMR. Transmission cooling is handled by a B&M unit in the bumper.

The replacement fan makes some noise on spin down.. so it's got to go anyway.

Looking at this as an opportunity to upgrade. The Cobra has an LFP radiator, and even in 100* weather, with 750 rwhp, and the A/C on, it NEVER overheats.

The little GT runs 210 after an hour or so in traffic. God forbid you turn the A/C on. Not to mention, whenever it gets hot, the voltage output drops to ~12. So, there is also the issue of coupling between my voltage and coolant temps that strikes me as a mystery.

Was looking at the Mishimoto radiator. I see they have fans and shrouds also. I have also read about a MK8 fan, and of course, I could always pick up a Cobra fan.

Not sure what I should do. Any advice?

:rockon:

racebronco2

Established Member
The Mark VIII fans are the highest flowing fans you can buy. I have one on my car for around 6 years now. I have a vented hood and when the fan is on you can feel the hot air coming out the vents as far back as the door.

Users who are viewing this thread