need advice on installing cobra spoiler

wyldechild54

Medusa
Established Member
I just bought an 03 cobra spoiler for my 01. The trunk lid obviously doesn't match up and the 2 exposed holes need to be filled. I would take the cheap route and buy plugs, but moisture has gotten under the paint and it looks really bad if unpainted. Everyshop around town wants to charge 600+ to fill n paint. Just to paint, they want 350. Should I scour the internet for a trunklid with no holes? Finding a spoiler in mineral grey is hard enough, let alone the trunk lid and spoiler.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
I just bought an 03 cobra spoiler for my 01. The trunk lid obviously doesn't match up and the 2 exposed holes need to be filled. I would take the cheap route and buy plugs, but moisture has gotten under the paint and it looks really bad if unpainted. Everyshop around town wants to charge 600+ to fill n paint. Just to paint, they want 350. Should I scour the internet for a trunklid with no holes? Finding a spoiler in mineral grey is hard enough, let alone the trunk lid and spoiler.

First of all, this is in the wrong forum. Second your best bet is to either cheaply repaint what you got, or my opinion, go buy an oem piece

Users who are viewing this thread