Need advice...I think my motor is seized

BradJ

Established Member
Just did some maintenance on my car including IMRC cleaning. I was extremely careful not to drop anything into the intake ports on the heads...I checked and double checked everything before re-assembly. Go to start it up, cranks once or twice, hear a very loud metallic noise and shut it off. I haven't tried starting it again, but I tried maually rotating the crank and it won't budge. Any thoughts? I really don't want to tear this thing all the way down :mj:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
press the accelerator pedal all the way down and bump the starter and see if she turns. (this will let engine crank with out starting)

BradJ

Established Member
Took the whole intake off again, imrc to head gasket is severely damaged/blown, fuel & oil in cylinder #3.

**** my life

BradJ

Established Member
no, I'm pumping the fuel and oil out now to see if I can see anything...might have to take the heads off :(

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Ahhhhhh man how did you pull that off? Not going to lie I was pretty careless removing/reinstalling my IMRC's when having deletes done (just shoved rags in the exposed ports) and I didn't have any problems...

BradJ

Established Member
Honestly I don't know. I was very careful doing this work. I'm not sure if it's my doing or not...probably though, the car only has 29k miles on it...I can't see this 'just happening' to the motor. I'm gonna pull it out tomorrow and start disassembling it. I guess it's time for a built motor lol

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I'm not so sure you have a problem other than the gasket.

This motor isn't easy to turn by hand with everything in place.

How much fuel/oil was there?

Users who are viewing this thread