Need a Tuner close to Knoxville, TN

ItalianSVT

Established Member
Okay, here is the thing. My 10th Anniv. Cobra had the following mods K&N cold air and Flowmaster Cat-Back. Now I just added Bassani off-road X-pipe (yes it sounds SICK!) . Drove it for about 70miles (car only has 15,000 on it) then the check engine light came on (checked the codes and its the one for the O2 sensor which I expected). So, now I reset it but I know it will happen again unless I get a tune done on the car. Since I am doing that I just assume go ahead and change the pulley and buy the SCT 3. Only problem is that I was going to take it to Modular Powerhouse in Atlanta but they closed down. So, I need a Shop that can do a very trustworthy tune. Any ideas would be welcome and please incldue your experience with the shop. I am considering Amazon but its farther then I really want to go but will if its the Best!

Cannonball

Established Member
I would take it to Amazon. I don't know of anyone local that I would take my car to. Please let me know if you do find someone, I'm going to have my blower ported over the winter and will need to find a tuner. The previous owner of my car had it tuned at Amazon, and it runs perfect.

Terminated03

Established Member
There isnt anything worth while around Knoxville and its a shame. I heard of some place that has a tuner and dyno, forget the name, but it is common knowledge that they blew up the engine in some guy's 05(?) GT. The closest place I would take my car to is Amazon. My mods are common, so Im on an email tune from Amazon. This area has a lot of muscle/performance cars and a speed shop with a dyno and good tuner would clean up. What part of Knoxville are you in?

ItalianSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys, I actually live in Maryville. You both should come out to Foothills mall on a Friday afternoon. Tons of gearheads hang out in the parking lot after 4pm. I think I know the shop you are talking about lol. Amazon is looking like the spot.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
In-tune Motorsports in Charleston, TN. It's a real small town. The guy's name is Scott and he doesn't advertise - just word of mouth. He has tuned several of these cars for me and knows his stuff. It's a mustang dyno, so don't expect big numbers but the tune will be right. Let him know that Aaron sent you up there if you go.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have quite a few customers from your area who have driven down here to take advantage of Rick's many years of tuning knowledge and expereince..he is one of the very first 03 Cobra tuners and
has been tuning them since they were available.. he has tuned hundreds and hundreds of them

I would be happy to have him give you a call to discuss your tuning options if you want to PM your # to me

JymBart

Established Member
For our location Amazon is the way to go, ...... if there where enough Cars to be tuned, ......... you could all ways fly a tuner in to do them. We did that several times when I lived in Chicago, ............. we flew in HorsePower BY Hermann for a two day tuning session. Let us know the outcome.
JymBart

ItalianSVT

Established Member
we should all get together

Well, hell Aaron I guess I should have just called you lol. The rest of you I appreciate all of your input. Also, since I am going to pulley it, I know I need a tuner and pry and idler tensioner. Anything else u all can think of?
It would be cool if we all met up one night at Spice Rack or something since I have never seen any of you around except Aaron which I see his Turbo beast all the time lol

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You should AT LEAST throw an upper pulley on before the Dyno tune,trust me the Mod bug will hit!! With what you have know it's not really necessary..

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
For our location Amazon is the way to go, ...... if there where enough Cars to be tuned, ......... you could all ways fly a tuner in to do them. We did that several times when I lived in Chicago, ............. we flew in HorsePower BY Hermann for a two day tuning session. Let us know the outcome.
JymBart

be happy to have Rick come up to TN if you want to do a tuning day event...or we can do one here with special pricing if you get a group together to come down.. we just talked to a guy yesterday about doing a group of 3..

JymBart

Established Member
be happy to have Rick come up to TN if you want to do a tuning day event...or we can do one here with special pricing if you get a group together to come down.. we just talked to a guy yesterday about doing a group of 3..

Linn,
How many cars do we need to have to do a on location tuning day event in Knoxville?
JymBart

Ralo

Established Member
It's not worth the tune with just those mods if you plan to do more in the near future. If you get real hard up I got some O2 sims I could take off and sell. I put them on before the tune and just never took them off.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Linn,
How many cars do we need to have to do a on location tuning day event in Knoxville?
JymBart

5 for one day 8 for 2 days..

you would have to find a dyno that will be receptive to having a visting tuner there..

pricing is a $300 flat fee no matter how long it takes for Rick to tune the vehicle
if you are an existing amazon customer there is no extra charge for tuning
if you are not there is a$125 program fee..this program has life time free revisions no matter what you might add to your set up in the future

travel expenses will be divided between the participants and will vary depending on the length of the event

dyno fees will have to be worked out with the dyno shop and paid directly to them..if you come here for the event there is no dyno fees

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
and I forgot to add that Rick can tune any Ford,GM or Dodge gas or diesel vehicle..so the event doesnt have to be limited to 03 Cobras

ItalianSVT

Established Member
I would love to get a group of pry 3 together if JYMBART and Terminated03 are down with it. How much if the 3 of us came there Linn? Also, how much extra would it be to buy and install a 2.8 pulley and I will also need an SCT XCAL 3 is there anything else I would need (Idler tensioner ?)

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
we have a power package that is $549.. it includes a tuner,280 pulley,plugs and belt.. the tuner comes with a free tune and free lifetime revisions so with your flat rate of $300 to dyno tune it and $100 to install the pulley ,belt and plugs..it would be $949 for you

the pricing would be what I have already stated for the other guys

Users who are viewing this thread