Need a recommendation for a tune...

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
Guys, I currently have an SCT X3 with Brenspeed tunes on my car that I bought off of someone. Works great, but I am adding a tune required C&L Intake. Since I didn't originally pay for the brenspeed tunes, they want $75 for a transfer fee. Which is fine cause I can get my new tunes.

My question is, should I look somewhere else for the tune as well? I know I can get one from C&L for $50. Any other thoughts? Need a good strong 91 octane tune.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Well, I'd say go with AED, but I'm a little bias lol. 75 bucks is cheap for a tune man, and brenspeed has some happy customers from, what I can tell.

jdcobra

Established Member
Doug who tunes for c&l is pretty good. He used to be lead calibrator for BAMA back in the day.

jdcobra

Established Member
I got a BBR tune for 75 that makes my car roll out pretty good but ultimately I want to try an AED tune. Customer satisfaction proves shaun is the best!

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Is that $75 kinda like a "tunes for life" as long as you own the car and keep the mods to a minimal????? Meaning will Brenspeed continue to send you updated tunes for free if you add a bolt-on? If so, jump on that!! If not, I'd go to Shaun @ AED and he'll hook you up. Customer service second to none!!!

4VFTW

Established Member
Ive had a Bama 93 tune and now a BBR 93 tune and I will say this...The BBR tune is night and day better when it comes to how the A6 tranny shifts. the shift points happen when they should and it hits the gears as hard as my Super Comp C4 used to. I think 2nd hits too hard to be honest and am thinking about getting Chris to tone it down a bit although I was told by others it would soften up over time.

I see alot of satisfied people with Brenspeed tunes and even you said it "works great" so why mess with "great" just have them retune it.

mazroth

Established Member
Brenspeeds tune worked out well for me. Most companies will upgrade with free tunes as long as you buy the parts from them. Added a roush tvs, brenspeed didnt have the tune for it at the time I bought it, so I added a vmp tune. Which has been top notch with my A6 tvs combo.

pohnjarker

Established Member
i started with a BAMA tune and it was good, drove stock like until you got on it. then switched to BBR tune, it had way more throttle response to the point of being twitchy, i liked it but the wife hated driving it like that. then switched to the AED tune and it drives like stock but gets on it more than the BAMA tune did.

AED>BAMA>BBR...IMO

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You really cant go wrong with shaun at AED, he knows his stuff and is always there to answer questions and give advice.

-Thomas

AZCobraCMDR

Established Member
I like my brenspeed except for the over active partial throttle. Feels like I am giving the car way more throttle than I am. Makes it a little jerky since its so touchy. But it's the race tune. I would use the performance tune, but that has less timing so less power. I want the max performance without the overly touchy feel.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I like my brenspeed except for the over active partial throttle. Feels like I am giving the car way more throttle than I am. Makes it a little jerky since its so touchy. But it's the race tune. I would use the performance tune, but that has less timing so less power. I want the max performance without the overly touchy feel.

If your on 91 gas you want less timeing to add protection.

Users who are viewing this thread