Need a photo or advice on this hose....

shelbygt

Established Member
While doing the brakes, I noticed that the passenger side brake hose is making a loop. This can't be right, is it?? Also is the hose supposed to go over or under the
upper arm?
bhose2photo.JPG

bhose3photo.JPG

And the driver side.....

bhose1photo.JPG

TRBO VNM

Yeah, looks like a moron worked on it last. They go under as stated and do not loop like the first one.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
Yup they go under. You can unbolt the shock from the LCA and then pass the caliper through the hole. That way you don't mess up your camber setting. Or just mark where the camber bolt is and put it exactly now it was. Unbolding the shock is the easier way to do it

shelbygt

Established Member
Thanks guys! :)

Crap like this makes me want to disassemble the entire car and see what the last guy screwed up.

shelbygt

Established Member
I think I will need to disconnect the e-brake as well? Is there a faster way besides removing the console?

Blueline

Established Member
Just move the arm for the emergency brake line, unhook it then remove the e clip that secures the emergency brake cable on the caliper. Re route the caliper the way it should be then re attach the cable. Pretty easy, no need to take anything apart in the car.

TRBO VNM

I usually use a pair of vice grips on the ebrake cable to help get it off the hook. And remember to release the ebrake handle before trying to unhook it.

RussZTT

Established Member
It simply looks like who replaced the pads last has the caliper twisted the wrong way. Just take it off, turn it the other way and be done with it. Or just go under.

steve-04GT

Established Member
You really need to look the hose over where the bend was as well. Make sure you don't see any signs of cracking. The pressure in the line coupled with the tight loop could have created a weak spot in the line. if that is the case, replace the line. Better safe than sorry.

oldmodman

Established Member
It simply looks like who replaced the pads last has the caliper twisted the wrong way. Just take it off, turn it the other way and be done with it. Or just go under.

Agreed, just looks like the caliper was twisted when it was reinstalled.

Absolutely correct.

Just unbolt the caliper and rotate it 360 degrees until the hose is straight again.

hotcobra03

Established Member
i would use line lock on hose...undo brake line and reroute...yes you need to re bleed just the rear...

if you go the other route watch the springs on caliper,,,they are a pita to get back in

Users who are viewing this thread