Need a new Blu Ray player

GotBoost?!

Established Member
Whatcha got?

Our Vizio Blu ray player is starting to die,so lookin to get another this weekend.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Play Station 3? Multi-purpose.

Samsung 3D is what I have, nice pic.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Sony BDP-S590 is what I'm running. Interface looks just like the PS3 but is cheaper than buying a game console if you don't plan on playing games.

Does 3D, built-in wifi, DLNA support, internet browser, etc

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I like my Sony BDP-S590 Blu-ray player.
You could also get a PS3 slim, which would play Blu-ray's, use media server and of course play PS3 games.

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
Buy a slightly used PS3 slim. The PS3 has and will be the best supported BluRay player on the market because of easy updates from the net.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've used a Panasonic DMP-8D85 for a couple of years now and like it a lot. I think today there are better BluRay players so if you still to a major label like Sony, Panasonic, etc. you should be fine. Also depends on what features you're looking for.

coposrv

Established Member
We have a Samsung. I like it, easy to use and has Netflix, YouTube and Hulu built into their smart hub. It's also wireless and it performs great so far.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
finally just picked up my first blue ray player. got the same sony as mentioned above from costco. it has wifi, built in hulu/youtube/amazon and a ton more. i cant believe how small and light it is.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Whatcha got?

Our Vizio Blu ray player is starting to die,so lookin to get another this weekend.

Good lord sometimes this site is the WORST for any technology advice.

What is your current set up? Do you have a smart tv? Is your tv 3d ready? Does your current BR player have apps? Do you have a Home Theater Computer? Do you have surround sound? WHat is your budget?

depending on your answers we can give you real advice.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Whatcha got?

Which one do you have? Mine is a p.i.t.a. When it works it works well for youtube, netflix, etc.., but that's only 50% of the time.

Last edited:

GotBoost?!

Established Member

What is your current set up? Do you have a smart tv? Is your tv 3d ready? Does your current BR player have apps? Do you have a Home Theater Computer? Do you have surround sound? WHat is your budget?

55" Class (54.64” Diag.) TruLED HDTV with Vizio Internet Apps

It's not 3D ready,but thats not a big issue for me. My current vizio blu ray player is the older version with no apps,etc.It's worked great now for years.The only problem I've had with it is,

1)It's old,so I'm missing out on the newer applications that are available now
2)It's a pain in the ass,as most of the time,it's acting like it doesnt want to load a disk,let alone play it.
3)Time to upgrade - When you walk around the displays of new Blu ray players and realize just how small the newer models are,it's time to think upgrade time ;-)

No home theater PC or surround sound atm.

No budget really,just time to upgrade and get opinions on whats worth purchasing.

Thanks for all the input so far !

GotBoost?!

Established Member
Which one do you have? Mine is a p.i.t.a. When it works it works well for youtube, netflix, etc.., but that's only 50% of the time.

It's one of their first models,Vizio 100 or 150 or so. I'll never tell anyone to ever buy a Vizio blu ray player :bored:

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I picked up a Panasonic DMP-BDT220, last October, to go with the Panasonic 3D TV I installed in my Son's room when he moved out.

I like it, has a great picture, has all the features and apps, the 3D is way better than I thought it was going to be and it was cheap ($118 at Amazon).

Look around, decide on the features you want and buy based on that.

-Brian

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I have 4. A PS3, an older LG BD390 (first BR player available with built in wifi, great player), a Panasonic DMP-BDT210 and a BDT220. They all work great, but the Panasonics are a little more advanced.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member

Anyone who is familiar enough with home theater tech to know all that won't need to come on a car forum asking for suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread