Need a New Backpack

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with one of these personally, a lot of military guys use them when the want a tactical style bag without the military look.....

StealthBag.com

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
The most important thing about a good backpacking backpack is that it is fit to you. I am not sure where you are located but if you are near an REI or Moosejaw I would head there and let them fit you to a pack, write down the information and then head to the internet to find the best price.

I didn't realize how much of a difference this made until I went into REI here in Denver and was fit to a mid-sized Osprey pack. Once I have it loaded up with gear, strapped down etc it completely distributes the weight across my body opposed to upper back and shoulders as unfit packs tend to do.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yup, check out REI if you want to see them in person.

I got this Patagonia Fuego last year and I love it. Huge main pocket, padded laptop storage sleeve, small easy access pockets for wallet or phone, and tons of pockets and holders all inside. The waterbottle holders on the outside are awesome for quick access and not getting the rest of your stuff wet with condensation. It's always my airline carry-on, never had a problem with its size. Even have a few molle tabs on there if you need em.

So many pockets that I got pulled aside in airport security one time because they had found something on the x-ray. The TSA woman asked me if I had a knife. I told her I had lost a few in the past couple months, but I was pretty sure I had checked this bag. It took her at least 10 minutes to get my stuff out and check all the nooks and crannies before she found a swiss-army knife buried somewhere deep.

http://www.backcountry.com/patagonia-fuego-backpack-1953cu-in

Deric

Established Member
Duluth Pack makes just about any kind of backpack, camping pack, or bag you can think of. They are a local outfit here in MN with a lifetime warranty on everything. I just got mine for my cross-country motorcycle trip. These things are very durable and tough.

http://duluthpack.com/

Users who are viewing this thread