Need a New Backpack

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I'll be leaving for Brazil for 2 weeks on July 1st and I've decided I need a backpack. This won't be a "backpacking Europe" type bag, just simply a nice bag I can take on trips and keep everything I need in it. I currently have a timbuk2 messenger bag that I love, but honestly it just doesn't hold a lot and is not the best for wearing for very long. Main items I'll be storing are a macbook pro, iPad, go pro, & headphones. I want it to be durable and comfortable. Other than that I'm pretty much open to anything. Lets hear some suggestions!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
If you have a Bass Pro store near you that would be a great place to start. Also a good spot to check out is DICKS if you similar stores like these you should find something with no issue.

pdm

Established Member
I use SwissGear computer backpacks for work... laptop, electronics, precision equipment, and big notebooks. They hold a ton, are tough as nails, and are very comfortable with a big load

BlackOutUT

Established Member
If you have a Bass Pro store near you that would be a great place to start. Also a good spot to check out is DICKS if you similar stores like these you should find something with no issue.
I actually do have a bass pro. Man I never think to go there.
I use SwissGear computer backpacks for work... laptop, electronics, precision equipment, and big notebooks. They hold a ton, are tough as nails, and are very comfortable with a big load
Swiss is def at the top of my list.
Wow that thing is impressive.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
BASS PRO is amazing to say the least with all the things you can buy from there - Good luck with you search

Seems as if you have some pretty good choices so far:beer:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Eagle Creek makes really well built and LIGHT travel gear. They have the best warranty I have ever seen too. I use their stuff on 2-week long backpacks in the Sierras. If it works for that it will work for you.

hoamskilet

Established Member

I have one of these bags and love it

tkeinia

Established Member
i agree with the swiss gear, i have a black one that hold a laptop with great padding and has a place to run ur head phones out of. it also has a pouch on the front strap for a phone.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Oakley or Burton. Have had both and used both in some ridiculous environments. Both held all gear and both took a beating. I had the Oakley pack for 5 years and the Burton pack is going on 3 years now. I bought the burton to replace the oakley due to backcountry snowboarding in Colorado, so i needed the waterproof outer shell.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Go hit up REI, definitely can't go wrong with them, @ Bass Pro you will spend money on their ridiculous prices. If you're not an REI member just sign up while you're there and you'll get an impressive discount. It's like signing up for a Kroger's card it takes 2 seconds. Go check them out.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
What type of bag are you looking for. You say not a "backpack Europe" one, so I assume you mean not something giant. Are you wanting a day bag that just holds like what an average purse does, or do you want a bag that you could use for a quick flight out of town for 4 days?

I just picked up for Osprey 46...because I actually will be backpacking Europe here shortly, but it's not huge. It's simply the max carry on size, yet opens wide like normal luggage. It's 22x14x9.

WJHZzeS.png

ospreyopenside8x6.jpg

Check out their site, they got a lot of great bag. You just gotta figure out what size you need: http://www.ospreypacks.com/

Last edited:

BlackOutUT

Established Member
After some more research and checking around town. I'm really digging the 5.11 bags. Mainly because of their versatility. I like the idea of being able to add extra room if needed.
But traveling out of the country with a military looking type bag wouldn't be the smartest of choices if you want to blend in.
I agree with this, but I think as long as I go with black it will be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread