need a lil' help with pricing.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Redfire with 33xxx miles, few stone chips but all in all, I'd rate it an 8.5 out of 10, easily. Interior is 9 out of ten. Two burn holes in the driver seat from the P.O. who smoked!!

It has full lengths, o/r H, magnapack catback. Even flow cooling mod, 60's, kb bap, maf-xtender, sct xcal 2, lfp pulleys w/aux idler, lfp expansion tanks(ic and res/polished), eaton with 3.1 and metco lower with 6# on, and 8# to come with. K&N fipk with jlt rai. IRS brace, spec 3+ clutch with fidanza alum flywheel, 26spline input shaft. 3/4 coil cut on all four corners, mgw w/orange handle, and raptor shift light. Brand new ngk 7ix plugs with 5 mins idle time on them. I have a CUSTOM made harness bar for the 6 point rci harnesses I have in the car. They can go or stay, your pick.

I would recommend putting the car on a dyno and double checking the tune before someone runs it real hard, or getting a wideband.

I also have EVERY single stock part for the car, including the factory air filter!!

What would be a good price to ask for the car? Please keep in mind that the stock parts will go with the car. I know a car is worth more to the owner than the buyer, hence why I'm asking on here. I do have the TITLE IN HAND!

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
I would say you could get around 23000 for it. Of course the one right buyer could give you more (i.e. $24000). I am sure people are going to say you could get more and flame me for my opinion but these cars aren't moving till people start offering them in the lower 20's.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
what'd you pay for yours then pony? I'll return it stock before I let it go as is for 23, sorry. Maybe it's me, but I thought it was worth a bit more.

Silverboost

Established Member
You will be better off putting it back to stock. Mod's do not help the value of you car at all and most of the time they depreciate the value even more. I bought my car a month ago with 22000 miles on it for $22500. The only mods it had was a shifter, BBK rims, and a flowmaster catback. It had always been a garage queen and it was only driven 5000 miles in the last 2 years. Hell the car has probably $3000 in tires and rims on it and not a scratch on the car. I was not trying to insult you, but if you want the car to move you will need to price it with the markets going rate. I don't know if you saw the ad where 04CobraCop had his 04 forsale. He had more mods than you with less miles and it had no damage to the interior. I think he ended up letting it go for 24000. The car itself may be worth more to you, but in the eyes of a buyer it may be worth less. Click on the link below for his ad with all his mods.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393303

heywaitfourme

Established Member
i agree with your second to last sentence, hence why I posted here. Hopefully more people will chime in. I've often thought of putting the car back to bone stock and selling off everything. I'd much rather just get a good price and get rid of it all at once.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just a heads up as far as putting a modded Terminator back to stock. You should disclose to the buyer that it was modded, because if you don't and he finds out later you could have a major hassle you'd rather not have to deal with. And remember that a modded Terminator isn't always a negative thing. Depending on the mods, the buyer might be more interested in the modded Terminator if they're mods he would do at extra cost anyway. The exception is usually when the mods mean the car was extensively raced or abused on the street. Generally, though, stock or near stock configurations are more preferred. Again, be careful about "hiding" the fact that your car was modded. And NEVER state it wasn't modded (if it was) when asked by a potential buyer. Because that could lead to legal action if the buyer discovers otherwise. JMO.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Thanks Cobrabob. I'm an honest person and have no problems telling people the car was modded. I'm just surprized right now, normally there would be 4 pages of people fighting about what they'd sell the car for. Instead, I got one. OH well, guess thats how the ball rolls.

Silverboost

Established Member
if you start putting it back to stock I will gladly take a few parts off your hands. I was in the same position as you on my first Terminator and I ended up putting it back to stock and selling it. I made about 2500 on the parts selling on the forums and when I sold the car I advised the buyer of the mods it did have and he didn't have any issues.

viper1

Established Member
I just bought mine a couple weeks ago. Black 03', never modded - down to the stock filter, 32,000 miles. Still smells new inside and looks like it was just driven off the assembly line. I paid $23,500 and that was with 4 brand new tires. I have seen quite a few out there all the way up to $29K. But the majority have been in the $23k-$25k range.

I was torn between a modded/stock car because of the unknowns. (Were the mods done right, Was the car abused, etc.)On the other hand there is the obvious hp, value, and convenience of not having to do it myself. In the end I am happy with my decision and can mod what I choose and decide who installs it. Just my .02. Good luck.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Thanks viper. I welcome a potential buyer to take the car to a local dealer to have it looked over. All of the mods were done right. I believe in doing it right the first time. Always new gaskets used, new hardware used, etc. I'm anal about things like that.

MustangThief

Established Member
Put it up for 27,500 and sit on it. If no one buys it then drive the piss out of it :)

FYI, i paid 29k last summer for my SB 03 with 10,006 miles on it. All it had done was a C/B and MAC CAI.

B_Pay

Established Member
I have similar mods and miles. I would expect 23-25 if I wanted to get rid of it. But if you're in no hurry price it higher and see if someone bites.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
I was thinking somewhere of 26 for EVERYTHING, fresh tune up, new oils, and new front tires. Does that sound fair?

farnoush

Established Member
IMO you should leave the car they way it sits now and try to sell it. Whenever I'm looking at a car and the seller is saying he'll put it back to stock for a lesser price or knowing that the car was heavily modded and recently returned to stock turns me away. I wouldn't want to buy a car that the seller just threw back together with the stock parts not caring about anything because he doesn't plan to have the car for long. just my 2 cents.

heywaitfourme

Established Member
*start rant*

farnoush, why do you insult me? I would turn the car to stock, sell of the parts and sell the car. Just because I'm not going to keep it does not mean it won't be put together correctly. The only reason for turning it stock is to help it move faster. I also have full intentions of informing the buyer of the mods that were done to the car. I'm not going to hide anything. I already said I welcome anyone to take the car to a dealer and have it looked over. Hell, I'll take it to a dealer and have them look it over and write down faults, or give me a certificate of inspection. I don't do shotty work, and I do not care much for the second to last line of your post. Just my two cents.

*end rant*

MustangThief

Established Member
heywaitfourme,
I think farnoush was just talking about "in general" , not you in particular.

However, I still think you could sit on it and eventually pull 27k if the car looks good and runs top.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread