Need a Laptop (Mostly for Tuning)

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a work provided laptop I use for work and surfing the interwebz but I need a laptop for tuning. I am going to be running the MS3PNP if that matters. I obviously don’t need a crazy laptop but I do need something reliable.

So what should I get?

On a side note, for the garage tinkering time I got a 32” smart tv to hang on the wall.

Sent from the Coronas Response Team.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
my guess would be something along the lines of a chromebook/ pentium powered device.

I’d be careful with this suggestion you can’t use a chromebook for Forescan. So not sure on your tuning I’d look for something windows based.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I use a Toshiba laptop for my tuning stuff. I don't remember the exact model. I bought it for online classes when getting my degree.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I have a work provided laptop I use for work and surfing the interwebz but I need a laptop for tuning. I am going to be running the MS3PNP if that matters. I obviously don’t need a crazy laptop but I do need something reliable.

So what should I get?

On a side note, for the garage tinkering time I got a 32” smart tv to hang on the wall.

Sent from the Coronas Response Team.

I have gotten some awesome deals from Refurbees: Refurbees.com

96dreamer

Established Member
I bought a used lonovo thinkpad off ebay for pretty much the same purpose. Its pretty overkill for just tuning but works very well. I wanted a full size keyboard with a number pad to make data entry easier as well. The thinkpads are a little more robust than most of the consumer laptops you'll find so you can toss it around in the car without worrying about damaging it.

nxhappy

Established Member
ebay has some good refurbs. I got a cheap dell for $300. 16gb ram, 500 gb hd, windows 10, etc

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
If anyone has a business where they sell laptops let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread