NEED a Houston Tuner

Mattio

Established Member
I just moved to the west side of Houston from VA a couple of months and I need an excellent tuner option. Ive done some research and found a few local race shops capable of tuning my car which is an 04 Cobra
Stock motor/heads
Whipple Gen 2 2.3
LT’s
SCT BA3000
DivX 1400hp return Fuel system
80lbs inj
E85
My reason for being so concerned with a good/reputable tuner is because im using E85 and 80s. Its my understanding this setup works just fine spinning a 2.3 up to 22-24lbs if the tuner know how to tune well with E85.
Ive read nothing but BAD reviews of Houston's tuners
Fastlane Custom Tuning, Headers, Superchargers, Turbos, EcoBoost, Camaro, Mustangs & more
PSI PSI Motorsports, Inc.
Kinetikmotorports Kinetik Motorsport,
Serious HP SeriousHP Horsepower | Performance Upgrade Parts Procharger Supercharger Turbo Kits Houston
Is there any other 03-04 Cobra owners in the Houston area with similar mods? If so where do you get your tuning done? After reading reviews of all the above places im considering a remote tune unless some locals can sway me.

Thanks for your input.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
First of all, I hope this isn't a DD because there aren't many E85 stations here. Secondly I've had great service from two of the shops on your list. That's the name of the game though with shops, either you love em or you hate em. Strictly Performance works on alot of Terminators.

StangSupremacy

Established Member
Let me add another to your list of DONTS, Auto Adrenaline. I took my whippled 80lb 08 GT500 about 3-4 different times and he couldnt get the idle properly at all. my car kept stalling coming to a stop and rpms surging all over the place. I ended up getting a remote lund tune but a friend of mine in a kenne bell GT500 just got his done at KP Racing and was extremely happy with the tuning. If you are ever on the north side on a friday, you should come check out our street meet on friday nights, specially after your tune.

Mattio

Established Member
ive seen alot of Kroger and HEB stations with E85 but it will be street driven on 93 and E85 on special occasions and track days. Just want a tuner that has experience with these cars and E85.
ill look up Strictly Performance

Mattio

Established Member
Let me add another to your list of DONTS, Auto Adrenaline. I took my whippled 80lb 08 GT500 about 3-4 different times and he couldnt get the idle properly at all. my car kept stalling coming to a stop and rpms surging all over the place. I ended up getting a remote lund tune but a friend of mine in a kenne bell GT500 just got his done at KP Racing and was extremely happy with the tuning. If you are ever on the north side on a friday, you should come check out our street meet on friday nights, specially after your tune.
thanks! I will check out KP as well. Where you guys meet on Friday nights?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I've had bad experience with Strictly in the past. Will never go back. Hit and miss with shops, some will have good experience and some will have bad at the same shop.

Mattio

Established Member
Well sounds like a remote tune from Jon Lund is in my future. Apparently Kinetik can fine tune a Lund remote tune on their dyno. Lund lists kinetik on their site as an authorized dealer/tuner of Lund.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Avoid Stictly and Houston Performance.

I've heard nothing but bad about both of these. I'm living on the east side and I'm also looking for someone to mostly just work not tune, on my car. I'll probably just get a remote tune from AED or Lund. I'm on a Houston based mustang forum and a lot of those guys love Dilusi motorsports! I have no experience with them but I will after this summer. Look them up I've heard awesome things. I've also heard great things about KP but I haven't heard anything from any ford guys. Just camaro guys that went to KP. Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing!

Mattio

Established Member
I've heard nothing but bad about both of these. I'm living on the east side and I'm also looking for someone to mostly just work not tune, on my car. I'll probably just get a remote tune from AED or Lund. I'm on a Houston based mustang forum and a lot of those guys love Dilusi motorsports! I have no experience with them but I will after this summer. Look them up I've heard awesome things. I've also heard great things about KP but I haven't heard anything from any ford guys. Just camaro guys that went to KP. Good luck! Let us know what you end up doing!

Will do! Thanks for the info! I'm going to keep asking around and doing research.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

selbyvince

Established Member
i know of quite a few people including myself that has used HPP racing and was happy, they tuned my car a few months ago with a 2.2 on 20 psi, long tubes, 6 lb lower, bbk tb, jlt intake, full return fuel system and on e85.

very happy with my tune, no issues, price very reasonable etc.. guys were super nice and very helpful, never had issues contacting or getting updates (they also did some work on my car).

i got my date set for june 3rd to go back and get it retuned with the new whipple 2.9 crusher.

its a little drive, but in my opinion.. worth it over all the choices of houston... (Its in dallas).

just an option--- good luck

Big turkey

Established Member
There are quite a few E85 stations around here you just gotta look. I've been DDing E85 in my past 3 cars for about 3 years now without ever any issues. So don't worry!

I have also tuned many E85 cobras here in town and some are on the forum. The most recent 2.9 Whipple stock bottom end 04 Cobra made 710whp at 22-23psi and just went 10.6 @ 137mph on some 17" DRs.

I'm not a sponsor on here so i must respect the rules if you're interested please email me or give me a shout! Remember there are 2 sides to every story but I try to let my work, integrity and consistently speak for me.

Here's my email and there is more info in my sig:

bFoxGt500

Established Member
I've heard varying opinions on several of these shops over the years and sometimes I think it is almost hit and miss at times. Personally, I've had good luck with Stricktly Performance, who work exclusively on Fords (Cobras, Shelbys, GTs, Lightnings). I also think it is important to establish a relationship with the shop, no matter which one you choose, so that you are not just a guy off the street. Ideally, that should not be the case but in reality, it is.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
bFoxGt500 said:
I've heard varying opinions on several of these shops over the years and sometimes I think it is almost hit and miss at times. Personally, I've had good luck with Stricktly Performance, who work exclusively on Fords (Cobras, Shelbys, GTs, Lightnings). I also think it is important to establish a relationship with the shop, no matter which one you choose, so that you are not just a guy off the street. Ideally, that should not be the case but in reality, it is.
Yeah I totally agree with that. That's what I'm doing now, trying to find a good shop that I can build a relationship with and be my go to shop. I'm gonna try out Dilusi Motorsports this summer so I'll see how that goes.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
Auto Adrenaline tuned my old setup whipped 3.4 crusher inlet 903hp 857 tq no problems. They are good on E85 too. He will be tuning my new setup TT.

dvtr-

Established Member
Auto adrenaline tuned my ported eaton cobra on E85. Daily driver too. made 560rwhp/580rwtq on a hot ass ****ing day.

Users who are viewing this thread