Need a good engine shop in New England

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
It's pretty hard to find a good shop that has a lot of experience working with our motors. Any suggestions for shops in the North-East? I'm in Central MA.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
best place I know of is L&M Engines in Hatboro PA

lmengines.com

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
In New England the only one worth going to was CE Racing, but Bob died a few months ago. I think ABT Machine in Holliston did his machining. That may be a place to start. Maybe they know someone that can assemble it properly for you. They may even be able to do it themselves. If they were good enough for Bob they should be good enough for you.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
Has anyone used Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA? I've heard alot about them doing good work on other cars. They claim to do good work with Mustangs but so does everybody. I'm going for a Twin Screw setup so I need a good shop to do the internals and then someone for a point of reference when I have questions. The link to the website is Enhanced Street Performance, Inc.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
FYI, it only costs about $280 to ship from CT to MI. Just something to think about if you want to use an engine builder somewhere else.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
carlquist competition engines in oakville ct. some of my buddies had their motors built there and they do awesome work

01vert

Established Member
Has anyone used Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling, MA? I've heard alot about them doing good work on other cars. They claim to do good work with Mustangs but so does everybody. I'm going for a Twin Screw setup so I need a good shop to do the internals and then someone for a point of reference when I have questions. The link to the website is Enhanced Street Performance, Inc.

There is (was) a member here who had ESP build a 650? HP Hellion cobra a few years back. I dont know if they just assembled his pick of the parts or actually built the motor.

Second on Bob's. He was pretty much known as the place to go to.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys. I think I'll go down to ESP to see what they do. Probably end up shipping it somewhere though. It's too bad there's no good shops around here...

randoo

Established Member
Dez Racing guys. Bob from CE Racing and Dez both built my car together. Bob spoke very highly of Dez and since Bobs passing Dez has done all the work on my car. Good guys there!

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Thanks guys. I think I'll go down to ESP to see what they do. Probably end up shipping it somewhere though. It's too bad there's no good shops around here...

Modular Performance has a great rep. They are in Michigan though I think. Modular Powerhouse in Louisiana is another place with a good rep on the forums. I've heard of ESP, but not for mustangs. Losing Bob was huge for our local mustang community.

Even though I have no use for Dez, maybe call him and see who he has build his motors now. Bob was doing them for him, but since that can't happen maybe he found someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread