Neat idea for you photographers with kids!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It doesn't appear to be a very good camera, overall. And for $35.00, that would be a given. It says you can tell people you built your own camera, but it's actually a kit. You snap the pieces together. It's cheap, that's for sure. I just don't really get why you'd want it. Isn't it very limited, function wise and photo quality wise? Reminds me of one of those disposable cameras. If you do buy one, post up some photos you take.........oops, you'd have to scan them. It isn't digital.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
It's a given that it's a cheap camera. I just thought it would be a neat way to get younger (6-10) kids involved in photography. I wish my parents had an interest in cars and photography when I was that age. If it wasn't for my granddad I wouldn't have a clue about cars. I still have a lot to learn about photography though.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I got a lot more out of my mom letting me play with her 35mm SLR, under supervision, than I would from a tinker toy kit camera. You can pick those up for probably the same price at a garage sale, and actually get legit pictures out of them. You also learn a lot faster to frame/light/compose properly, since you only get 24-36 chances and have to wait so long to see the results.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Get them a old 35mm SLR, it could something they could grow into as they get older. Teach them that its not a toy and they need to take care of it.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Oh well. Guess I was off base on this idea. Thanks for the info though! I'm gonna start looking around for a DSLR to get me started and a used SLR for the kiddies. Suggestions for a DSLR for a novice? I want something that as I get better with my technique will take better pics.

Users who are viewing this thread