NC performance shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesnake97

Established Member
99turbocobra, thanks for replying... i live in mt. pleasant, so modularmotorsports is the closest tune/dyno shop to me, so was curious as to what to expect from them... thanks

walker887

Established Member
Originally posted by 99turbocobra
stay away from modular motorsports in moorseville they will screw you in a scond. They do not cover there car if they get broke into. That is what happen to mine. They took some PP head off my friends car and sold the to a guy in NY. They put stock head back on his and didn't tell him nothing. He found out when one of the guy left. He told him all the stuff they had done. SO STAY AWAY FROM MODULAR MOTORSPORTS unless you want them to mess your car up.

Scott,
I suggest you get the story correct , because you are way off base on it and have no clue to what you are talking about.
do not bring your hearsay onto the boards because you do not have any facts on the operations.
Don

99turbocobra

Established Member
whitesnake97 yes he has something different to say b/c the is the owner. I do not talk crap about shop unless they are screwing people over.
Hey don it not hearsay. My car was not up there long enough the scond time for you to screw it over like my friends. He use to have all his motor work and stuff done up there. When he calls me and tells me what has happen and how he is never going up there again i'd say ya really did something. What else is messed up is that you can't call someone when there car get broken into. You weight untill they call and say they are going to pick the car up. Like I said I would stay away from MODULAR MOTORSPORTS they will screw you in a scond for some money.

Last edited:

Boosted 03

Established Member
I never gave him the chance. You can look at him and tell he's dishonest. I have bought a few things from him. I know of several people he has screwed. And he talks about people behind their backs. Kind of like we are now. He will screw you and lie to you in a second to make a buck. I take pride in telling half of Mooresville about his ways. :bash:

99turbocobra

Established Member
ya i know he screw me. The motor he "built" blew up. I tell everone I know of down here to stay away from there also. Were do you live.

Boosted 03

Established Member
I use to live in Mooresville NC, but I now live in Orlando, FL. I'm moving back to Cary, NC ina few weeks for good. After doing business with Amazon Racing, I more than likely won't use anyone else. :-D

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
99turbocobra said:
ya i know he screw me. The motor he "built" blew up. I tell everone I know of down here to stay away from there also. Were do you live.

I thought you said he screwed your friend and not you. And now you say he built a motor of yours that blew up. Not saying you are a liar or anything it just seems you would have mentioned the whole "motor thing" in the beginning.

I got dynoed there so I can't speak on the motor work thing and they were pretty good about that. What kind of work are you looking for? Tuning, installations, or both? I recommend different ones for different stuff.

99turbocobra

Established Member
Boosed03 ya that is were I have my car right now they are really cool. They know there stuff to.

Johnny Random, I said they took some PP head off my friends car. I didn't say they built his motor. They built mine and tuned it. And now it it blown up. He didn't get the detenation out. Do what you want but I am trying to tell you stay away from there.

Stanger46

Established Member
Alright Scott thats enough, Just cause your pissed your car got broken into doesn't mean you need to trash talk and act like its all our fault that your motor blew up, which by the way is the only motor that we've built that has had any problems whatsoever. Did you tell everyone how you changed blower pulleys without getting it tuned, and how you beat on it so hard that the FPR blew with 12 pounds of boost, and how you were told you didn't have enough fuel system but you had to put that 2.80 pulley on anyway. I told you when you called the 50th time that I couldn't get to your car for a while but you had to bring it up anyway and leave it. I told you it would be outside b/c I didn't have room for it but you left it anyway.

And whatever Rich feels he was screwed out of or not screwed out of is between me and him not you. Did he tell you how many times I stayed till 3:00 in the morning working on his car for free, and how I fixed his silver car, put a whole new motor in it after his junkyard motor blew up and didn't charge him a thing. I even installed a KB and solid axle in his blue 03 for the trade of a used fuel cell. But i guess he forgot to tell you that. I haven't even heard from him in a few months, if he has a problem he needs to call me.

Also did you tell everyone that YOU worked on the car yourself too, b/c I won't take credit for most of the stuff you've done to that car. So don't blame me for everything thats wrong with it when all we tried to do was help you out after you trashed the motor that was in it when you bought it.

Boosted 03, I don't know who you are or what we ever did to you but I've got hundreds of very satisfied 03 Cobra owners with great tunes, perfect driveability, and a lot more HP than you with a lot less mods. So whatever your uninformed opinion is keep it to yourself.

I'm only posting this one time so don't expect to get into a pissing contest with me. I will say to everyone else though that no matter what these 2 guys are on here saying we run a quality shop, with 1st rate work and craftsmanship. And my main goal is a satisfied customer with a car that they can be proud of.

Lastly, I would like to ask a moderator to shut this thread down, It is full of false and uninformed info of a second and third party nature that I do not appreciate or agree with. This thread is pointless and I ask you to please delete it.

-Paul

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Stanger46 said:
we run a quality shop, with 1st rate work and craftsmanship. And my main goal is a satisfied customer with a car that they can be proud of.
Yes, you do! :beer:
Don (and Paul) have tuned 3 of my vehicles and have done nothing but bend over backwards to make sure I'm happy.

Don built the shortblock for my 03, (after I blew it up, my own fault for running too much boost on pump gas) and I've had ZERO problems with the new motor.

Even though I'm in Texas, someone always takes the time to answer my questions when I call. Parts are sold at a very fair price and shipment is quick.

They flew to Texas to dyno tune several vehicles. Flights were delayed and they got there 14 hours later than scheduled. On NO SLEEP, they tuned 10 cars (worked till after midnight) and made sure folks went home happy. I dropped them off at the airport at 3 a.m. where they caught an hour nap before getting back on a plane.

I have nothing but good to say about these folks and would not hesitate recommending their services to anyone.

Remember there are always two sides to every story.

NitrousEdge

Boy Talk about a difference in opinion!
I drove all the way from WISCONSIN to deal with the guys at Modular Madness, and I couldn't have had a better experience! Don and Paul are two of the nicest most knowledgable guys you would ever want to meet!
There are a lot of shops between here and there that I could have taken my car to, but I had dealt with Don and Paul while I was doing my motorswap and I was more than satisfied with the help and prices they had given me! I can tell you from experience these guys aren't out to just make a fast buck! With everything we did to my car when it was there, Paul staying till 2 or 3AM everyday I was out there with the car, buying me lunch while at the shop, showing and teaching me new stuff about the car, not letting me leave untill I was completely satisfied --- after all of that I couldn't believe what a deal they gave me! Hell they even got a hold of me once I was home to make sure everything was ok....

I only wish I could find a shop like that around here!!!!

MrMudd

Established Member
I am a happy Customer of Modular Madness, and Specifically their new West location in SLC, Utah.

Two Months Ago they helped me out on a 4v Swap into my 96GT. One of their Employees who by the way is a SVT/Saleen Certified mechanic for a Leading SVT dealer in my State. Drove 50 Miles a Day to help me out on doing my Engine Swap. I spent a few hours on the phone with Don and Paul and The Guys at Modular Madness West. They were all very positive and help cast down my fears of this engine swap.

Now I cannot Speak as a customer to the NC shop or any shops in the area, But i Can speak as a customer that is very satisfied with their organisation and the Tune by Don that they provided for my car and the "Free Labor" that Heath at Modular Madness West donated to help me get my car back on the road. It was a very stressful and trying time for my family.

The Fact that Don and Paul have the Intestinal Fortitude and Integrity to come here and confront the accusations, shows me that they are stand up guys and do care about their customers during the pre "Project" and Post "Project" phases of their work. Despite thi slander they are still willing to do so. To aid and support their customers for the longterm.

What I see here is that the honorable guys at Modular Madness made an effort to resolve the issue, they donated free labor to assist those, and unfortunately a Crime had taken place. Were all vicitims of crime. I would not hang that on the Shops shoulders because they had warned the individual not to leave the car there and that they did not have "Shop space" to secure your vehicle.

99turbocobra

Established Member
Ya don I really messed with. Man I tell you what putting a water pump on one will blower them up everytime. Ya my motor is blown you don't know how to tune. You didn't tell me about the fuel. But is dose not matter now b/c the tune you put on it messed up 7 out of the 8 piston up. 2 of them have hole blown in them. How you screw my friend is between you and him he just told me how you really were. It funny the people that have my car now laught when I told them who built the motor. The car never ran 12 PSI. You didn't know what was wrong with the car. You never looked at it. I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. I just tell everyone I know to stay away from there. B/c you suck.

Boosted 03

Established Member
Boosted 03, I don't know who you are or what we ever did to you but I've got hundreds of very satisfied 03 Cobra owners with great tunes, perfect driveability, and a lot more HP than you with a lot less mods. So whatever your uninformed opinion is keep it to yourself.

I don't doubt that there is many cobra's out there with much more power than my car makes. I'm not sure if that is a cut to me or Amazon. And there is defiantly a reason for this, because you tune to the edge to get max power and do not understand what is called a safe tune. My car was tuned conservatively. I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I came to you initialy because I had been told not to by people in the same town that your business resides in. That explains why you expanded to a different state. I liked you Don personaly, it was the lack of customer support and the bad mouthing of everyone else I had to listen to every time I was there asking your opinion on things. I was always thinkin, "I wonder what he says about me after I leave". And it is funny that RaceRat spoke up, because now that I think back I can remember you (DON) talking about a sonic blue car in Texas owned by a woman that you tuned for a kenne bell. If memory serves me rite it blew up. And yes, I do remember what you said about that situation but I will not discuss it for everyone to v iew because I already feel like an asshole. I am only posting my most honest opinion to people who ask a specific question. And this is why you told me that you (Don) do not like to view this site, because of all the BS and false info floating around. I can partially agreee with that, but this goes to show that if you hurt one trusting customer that it networks out to other consumers. That's all I have to say, I'm out. :poke:

Boosted 03

Established Member
And by the way, the numbers in my sig if you notice are without the Apten port, throttle body and plenum. Therefore I believe that my numbers are rite on par considering I have only a 2.85" upper and a coservative tune. Thanks for noticing though. :bored:

32vGT

Established Member
Hmmmm..

I never had a problem with the guys a Modular Madenss, matter of fact they have been nothing but help. They seem like a great bunch of guys.

When I was putting my car together, they were always there in a time of need with help and parts. I got a couple of flash programs from them that were right on and never had a prolem with them.

I just feel like we are oly getting half a story from 99turbo.

99turbo... Did you, or did you not, go to Don and his shop and get a tune with 1 pulley then switch to another pulley without getting it retuned? If so don't you think this might have led to the demise of your engine?

BTW I don't kow of any shop that will "cover" a car if it gets broken into while it's on their property. Hell when you go to a Ford ealership they tell you that straight out. Why should they be any different?

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread