NC performance shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

99turbocobra

Established Member
I didn't know were to post this. What are some good performance shop in NC. The one I have been going to is screwing people over. I hear True blue perfomance is a good one but dunno.
Thanks for the help. Sorry again if it not in the right forum. It is a 99 cobra.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I use Custom Performance at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Dale has done very good work for me. www.gofastfords.com is their link and it has all of their contact info if you are interested.:beer: I have also heard True Blue is very good too.

PS. Where in the wonderful "Tarheel" state are you? :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
I don't know a thing about these guys...but, they are in Central North Carolina(Benson, NC)...hour East of Charlotte somewhere. I have kept this list in my favorites because it is as complete a list and the lowest mod install prices I have ever seen. Check out their site...they do have a full facility and onsite dynos I believe.

http://www.fastlanemotorsports.us/UServiceList.asp

Last edited:

89lxfoxbody

20 second club
Established Member
I'm pretty sure they are in raleigh...what color is your car turbocobra? I believe I've heard my friends talking about your car.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I have nothing but good things to say about True Blue Performance. They built my shortblock, and i couldn't ask for better. You may also want to look at Haywood Custom Speed shop. Randy Haywood is one of the best modular engine builders/tuners out there. He just opened up a new shop in the Raliegh area. www.haywoodspeed.com

RyClef331

Established Member
I'd say fastlane or haywood custom speed. Depending on where in NC you are and what you're looking to get done, Waynes Dyno Performance here in jacksonville, nc is great for getting a tune.

GSRswapandslow

Established Member
well, i'm from a honda background...but RLZenginering/Speed Innovations in Concord does excellent work on all type of vehicles... brad has a past in NASCAR, IRL, pro stock, etc...etc..etc... Howard is a kick ass mechanice and engine builder..and has a pretty nice fox as well (408 coast short block with bennet heads and an efi spider) They built my current 2.1L N/A ITR engine...which i hope to be running 11's in on pump gas :) 1(704)262-7948

also, other good shops:
www.eurospeedperformance.com all your tuning needs can be taken care there. they're in Cary, NC.

modular motorsports out in Moorseville does some nice mod motor work...they have a kick ass 5.4/kenne bell in a 99-odd mustang

there's some really good NASCAR shops all around the Moorseville area that would do free lance work..but i'd cost ya.

99turbocobra

Established Member
stay away from modular motorsports in moorseville they will screw you in a scond. They do not cover there car if they get broke into. That is what happen to mine. They took some PP head off my friends car and sold the to a guy in NY. They put stock head back on his and didn't tell him nothing. He found out when one of the guy left. He told him all the stuff they had done. SO STAY AWAY FROM MODULAR MOTORSPORTS unless you want them to mess your car up.

Last edited:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Originally posted by 99turbocobra
smashedheadcat how much was your shortblock and what all did they do?

I'd have to dig up the receipt but I'll get as close as I can from memory.

New crankshaft, ported heads, cleaned IMRC's, ported intake, billet trigger wheel, oil gears, 1 new rod, full machine work, all new arp studs, gaskets, oil pump, and more stuff I'm sure. I'll look into the price for ya. My engine was already forged before I brought it there (Sean Hyland shortblock spun a bearing). I want to say total parts/labor was around high $49XX ish or so. Not too bad considering I had $1000 in the crankshaft and 1 rod.

Josh

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Another vote for True Blue Performance! www.trueblueperformance.com
Mark Kroffe, the head engine builder at True Blue has had a superb success rate w/ the motors he has built. Not only does TBP handle personal cars, they are the shop where Bonduraunt Racing School (in Arizona) sends their Cobra motors. And from what I hear, Bonduraunt is very, very pleased! If nothing else, at least give them True Blue a call. They are also now exclusively using Ed Clark to tune. Ed uses the SCT (Superchips Custom Tuning) software.

99turbocobra

Established Member
whitesnakes97 I got my car tuned there. Just because it was in my rebuilt when they were a good shop. To be honest I would not take it there. I don't think he is a good tuner because I ask some question and he just kinda gave a half ass answer like he didn't know. The tune that is on my car now is not right car jurks before it enter boost like it not getting enough of something. i talked to true blue that is were I am going to take my car from now on. I also heard that modularmotorsports is moving to florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread