NC performance shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

99turbocobra

Established Member
Don tuned the car with the smaller pulley on it. I could not keep the belt for slipping so I put the bigger pulley back on. This made the car run very very rick so rick it would not run. I could not mess up my car if it dose not run. Don like the say stuff to make him look right.
BTW I know of a lot of performance shop that cover there customer cars.

NewFoundPower

04 Snake Charmer
Established Member
For me True Blue is the way to go. They do a great job and make sure that it is done right. A friend of mine has all his work done at True Blue and now has an 01 Cobra putting 625 at the rear wheels all thanks to True Blue. The guys are nice and knowledgable. I am not saying there are not other shops out there just as good TB is my pick.

-D-

Stanger46

Established Member
First of all, This is Paul not Don, and as far as I know Don hasn't even read this post.

Boosted, I'm not cutting on you or your car and I checked my records and the only thing I show selling you is a spec flywheel so I don't know where you get off cutting on DOns tunes.

Boosted 03

Established Member
I've never purchased a Spec flywheel for my car. I don't believe I've ever met you. I was only doing business with MM the first week or so you were open. I'm not going to argue anymore, I regret posting my experience. I am only posting my interactions directly, Not he said she said BS. Things change and maybe his business ethics are better now. Don was always nice to me in person, but it was the things he said behind my back to people he did'nt know that I Knew. And Vice versa. My appologies.

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Boosted 03 said:
I never gave him the chance. You can look at him and tell he's dishonest. I have bought a few things from him. I know of several people he has screwed. And he talks about people behind their backs. Kind of like we are now. He will screw you and lie to you in a second to make a buck. I take pride in telling half of Mooresville about his ways. :bash:

Never gave him the chance, but you'll bash him anyway?

Get serious. Don is a stand-up guy and an experienced professional.

I hope all you folks reading this thread recognize that there's always people who wrongfully bash other folks. Sometimes they approach a shop with unrealistic expectations, and when they're not met they blame the shop. I'm not assuming or purporting that this is the case here, but all tuners have people who bash them, and unfortunately they're the people who make the most noise. There's a ton of people who respect Don and his work.

andtwins

What these loyal customers of modular madness that posted above do not know is that the owner bashes all of them behind their back. I don't know if it is a jealousy thing or what, but my business will not be with a shop that bashes me and everyone else that brings their car in and spends thousands of dollars for them to put in their pocket. It wouldn't matter how much you spent with them your car would still be a piece of crap and you would be a dumba$$ to them. It is not very good business to talk bad about your own customers that put food on your table because this always gets back to the person you talked about. If MM knew anything about being classy and running a business maybe this thread wouldn't exist. :shrug:

Stanger46

Established Member
Whats with this behind their back crap. Dude this isn't high school and at least have the dignity to not change your screen name before you jump on a bandwagon.

And well there are threads like this about every shop in the country but i guess you can't make everybody happy

andtwins

First of all, I didn't change my screen name. This is my first post on this site, but on that token, what difference does it make if I changed my screen name? It really wouldn't make a difference considering the truth of the matter, which is what I said in the above post. I know you guys are really interested in who I am so you can come up with some discrediting story about me but that doesn't matter either. I am through with this thread and through with your shop.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
OK this DON is now finished reading this. You guys know the "Smackdown Forum" is for the flame wars. Opinions are just that. If you have or have not had bad experience with this shop, it has been said.
There are enough shops that have had a couple of bad experiences that always come back to haunt them. Any shop you leave your car at around here has the sign that tells you they are not responsible for anything left on their property. Trust me I had a similar thing happen to me when my 97 burnt an EEC. I know it sucks and it pisses you off, just be advised of all the laws that apply to you rights as a vehicle owner. What you are responsible for before during and after the work is done.

99turbocobra

Established Member
The shop I take my car to now lock their customer car up. I ask them if I got broken into would they pay for it an they said yes. I guess that is the different between a cheap shop an a good shop. But that is not the reason I am pissed b/c I spent a lot of money an you screw me with a BAD tune. The guy that tune it this time has the car running like a dream. Does not jurk before hitting boost like you had it. You need to learn how to tune before messing with peoples cars.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
pm NOScobra2001 I think he's involved in a shop down there. I bought a blower from him a while back and he was pretty helpful and gave good tech support

94306gt

94 5.0 Gt306
Established Member
TurboTune

I had very good results with turbo tune in Greensboro its right next to the colliseum area. Was on the dyno for 21/2 hours and he burnt me a chip for $150 very reasonable and very on top of what hes doing :p

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
99turbocobra said:
The shop I take my car to now lock their customer car up. I ask them if I got broken into would they pay for it an they said yes. I guess that is the different between a cheap shop an a good shop. But that is not the reason I am pissed b/c I spent a lot of money an you screw me with a BAD tune. The guy that tune it this time has the car running like a dream. Does not jurk before hitting boost like you had it. You need to learn how to tune before messing with peoples cars.

GR8WHITE said:
OK this DON is now finished reading this. You guys know the "Smackdown Forum" is for the flame wars. Opinions are just that. If you have or have not had bad experience with this shop, it has been said.
There are enough shops that have had a couple of bad experiences that always come back to haunt them. Any shop you leave your car at around here has the sign that tells you they are not responsible for anything left on their property. Trust me I had a similar thing happen to me when my 97 burnt an EEC. I know it sucks and it pisses you off, just be advised of all the laws that apply to you rights as a vehicle owner. What you are responsible for before during and after the work is done.

This is done. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread