NBC won't air conservative commercial

rd04svt

Established Member
I haven't watched any NBC programs in over a year. I do watch CNBC during the day. Rupert Murdock is going to own all media within the next 10 years anyway and we'll only get Fox News.

darkcrayz

Established Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071207/ap_en_tv/rejected_ad

Hopefully this isn't a repost but it seems NBC is showing their bias towards liberals here. To sum it up they won't air an ad that expresses thanks to our troops in Iraq because they don't like what their website says (which would be shown in the commercial.)

Your thoughts?

this is what happens when owners use their companies for selfish gain instead of letting the viewers choose.

Jefe

Established Member
NBC has always shown theyre biased towards liberals. Whats new?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
As a employee of GE I am truly ashamed of that POS network ... What the hell is Immelt's problem .....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
it's a business, a private one, get over it

Actually, it's publicly held. However, I support its right to choose what ads it wants to run. I see it much like SVTP, I reserve the right to have only the advertisers I wish to have. Pretty simple concept I think.

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
what i like is that if they chose not to air a liberal commercial, most of you would be celebrating.
Who the hell cares?

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Just do what I do.. If you must watch a show aired on NBC DVR it first and just skip right over all the ads, news, and commercials. The worst thing you can do to the network is ignore their sponsors.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
And Fox wouldnt run left leaning political ads, BFD!

Fox has run plenty of left leaning liberal bs. Whether you think it isn't political (I seem to think so), I have seen ads for Michael Moore's bs looney movies which to me have major left leading political stances.

JPD5801

Established Member
Exactly what part of the General Electric Company is privately held?

Principle means for shit anymore ....

Private - as in not owned by the government. Private citizens own the controlling interest.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
If you read the article it has nothing to do with the message of the video, it's the link to their website which is a political site. What's the problem, it's their right. It could cost them more to show it, than not to.

Users who are viewing this thread