Navy SEAL dogs equipped with titanium teeth

Jefe

Established Member
i have 3 titanium ribs(i have xray pics as proof is noone believes me).. :)
thats what happens when you fall 86 feet and break your pelvis in 5 places and 6 ribs in 23 places and 2 shoulder bones...
but back on topic thats pretty cool

:eek: Start a new thread

snake134

reminds me of this

wolverine-in-water.jpg

wvmystichrome

Established Member
And the military combat dog says: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. To everyone. Thats wild to know. I know some of the guys at the St. Albans, WV PD I'll definitely have to ask them about their dog shown with the titanium teeth.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I certainly would not say it is very common among police dogs. It happens, but I'm willing to bet it is less than 1%
they must like throwing away tax money around here or something, i know a couple of the local K9 officers and 3 of the 5 dogs have ti teeth.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
i have 3 titanium ribs(i have xray pics as proof is noone believes me).. :)
thats what happens when you fall 86 feet and break your pelvis in 5 places and 6 ribs in 23 places and 2 shoulder bones...
but back on topic thats pretty cool

Thats quite a fall. What the hell happened?

they must like throwing away tax money around here or something, i know a couple of the local K9 officers and 3 of the 5 dogs have ti teeth.

Im sure its very expensive to breed, train, and maintain the dogs. Might as well have them be as efficient as possible.

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
NOT TRUE AFTER ALL

Hate to be debbie downer

No, Navy SEAL Dogs Don’t Have Titanium Teeth | Danger Room | Wired.com
No, Navy SEAL Dogs Don’t Have Titanium Teeth
By Spencer Ackerman May 5, 2011 | 5:51 pm | Categories: Miscellaneous
Military dogs are awe-inspiring creatures, especially when attached to elite troops like the Navy SEALs. All day, the media have been in a frenzy over the fact that a military dog accompanied SEAL Team 6 on its mission to wax Osama bin Laden.

But let’s kill a misleading meme before it spreads further: Navy SEAL dogs don’t have titanium teeth.

A piece in The Daily took a good, detailed sniff around the German shepherds and Belgian Malinois that accompany special operations forces on patrol. But overshadowing all the cool radios and cameras strapped to the dogs is the claim that their “razor-sharp teeth are made of titanium,” at a cost of $2,000 per chomper. Getting bit by them “is like being stabbed four times at once with a bone crusher,” one dog trainer told The Daily. To quote enhanced-grille expert Pall Wall, that got the Internet going nuts.

There’s one problem. If the dogs do have Kanye teeth, it’s a sign something’s wrong with them.

“It would not be possible for them to use titanium teeth to make them even more aggressive,” says Jeff Franklin, owner of Cobra Canine in Virginia Beach. “They’re not as stable as a regular tooth would be, and they’re much more likely to come out” during a biting.

The only reason to have titanium teeth? Medical reasons, he says, like “if a dog breaks a tooth … it’s the same as a crown for a human.”

Franklin should know. Cobra Canine got a $550,000 contract in April from the U.S. Special Operations Command to train military working dogs for Naval Special Warfare Group 2. (He says it’s been “three years” since he’s worked with the very secretive “DevGru,” or Team 6.) That’s a re-up from the past two years, when he’s had contracts for dog training with the command that paid out $470,000 each.

Indeed, the command’s requirements for dog teeth don’t seem to account for the circumstances that would lead to grille enhancements. “All four canine teeth must be present and must not be weakened by notching, enamel hyperplasia or abnormal, excessive wear,” it reads.

In other words, if for some reason you see a SEAL dog with light glistening from its titanium teeth, your proper reaction is pity for the creature. “It’s a detriment, not a help,” Franklin says. On the other hand, if you’re coming into close contact with the jaws of a SEAL’s dog, you’re in for a lot of trouble from his very deadly master.

Last edited:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
O fooey.. Was such a cool story.. Oh well, the dogs are still BAMFs!!!!!

I take it most guys even if they tell you they are a seal, usually never disclose what group they are from? Im sure they have special tats and stuff, but youd never see them.
What are the other spec ops teams(and what do their names mean, like DevGru?) if yall know and is each one used for different things?

Was curious since a family member was a seal(dont really talk too much now), dont get to see him. And i know of a few things he has done. So this just got me curious is all.. Sorry if its the wrong place.

But its just crazy to consider the skill and just how damn good a person has to be to be on one of the top teams, yet alone Team 6 which correct me if im wrong, doesnt "exist".
Also Tier1 teams opporate outside of what would be thier normal Command dont they? Like while normal units are in Command by the Naval Special Warfare Command. Tier1 like Team6 opporates under the Command of Joint Special Opporations Command. Correct?

Last edited:

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
This isn't that uncommon and is seen on police K9's I believe. They aren't like extra long sharpened death fangs, more like caps that you or I get at the dentist but shaped to the dogs tooth of course. Leave it to the news to say they use it to bite through enemy armor. These dogs are trained to hold, not to eat people

ehh, that's not all that special or anything, very common among police dogs.

I certainly would not say it is very common among police dogs. It happens, but I'm willing to bet it is less than 1%

I have taken a bite in a "bite suit" from a k9 with titanium caps. No difference from that and exposed teeth really. While they may be slightly more intimidating they are set to protect the k9 and its teeth. The particular k9 I have experience with had the caps put in place to protect his teeth from becoming damaged further. (he has a bad habit of chewing on a post in the cage of the cruiser.) A bite dog with no teeth is kind of pointless. :shrug:

Amazing animals to say the least. But one hell of a responsibility for the handler. I am a member of a regional swat team (multi-agency within a county)that is just now incorporating the use of that particular k9 in our program. We're having to modify our tactics and so is the k9, quite a learning experience.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member

One of the local PD dogs had titanium teeth but got 'em after getting it's original teeth kicked in. The dog is no longer in service though, it was 10+ years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread