Navy SEAL dogs equipped with titanium teeth

snake134

Belgian Malinois: The Dog That Took Down Osama Bin Laden?

Badass!

Of the 80 member team that was deployed to take down bin Laden, few draw more speculation than the one on four legs.

Most likely a Belgian Malinois (though officials say it could also have been a German Shepherd), there was one non-human member of the SEAL team that raided Osama bin Laden's compound, according to the New York Times. The heroic pooch was strapped to a Navy SEAL as they were lowered from a hovering helicopter.

The news of the dog's use in the raid broke Wednesday, but like the other members of the team that was deployed, its identity remains unknown.

While the dog is known for its bomb-sniffing prowess, it has other capabilities that make it a wonderful dog-of-war. According to the Atlantic, the dog may have been trained to "sniff out enemy troops from up to 2 miles away."

The sensory perception brought by these dogs in a wartime situation is unparalleled. “The capability they bring to the fight cannot be replicated by man or machine,” General David H. Petraeus said last year, calling for more use of dogs.

But the coolest thing about these guys? Many SEAL dogs come equipped with "titanium fangs capable of ripping through enemy protective armor," at a cost of "about $2,000 a tooth," according to the Daily. That'll get the job done.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Ban that breed!

Sent with My Massive Johnson

ViciousJay

Established Member
thats crazy, hard earned tax money wasted on a dogs grill... 2K a tooth?! really... im biting my tongue on this one

only a gt

Established Member
I'm a little more concerned about the billions of dollars in aide we give to countries like Pakistan. Spending even 60K on an invaluable weapon like that is nothing.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
thats crazy, hard earned tax money wasted on a dogs grill... 2K a tooth?! really... im biting my tongue on this one

Dogs usually have 4 fangs that's 8k. I am sure this dog has worked harder than the criminals in prison we pay millions for each year.

boxinabag

Established Member
Dogs usually have 4 fangs that's 8k. I am sure this dog has worked harder than the criminals in prison we pay millions for each year.

Very good point here, I am perfectly OK with spending 8K on a dog that actually listens and works hard. Can't say the same about SOME of the other military members :nonono:

Jefe

Established Member
Police%20Dog%20Teeth_Cubb.jpg

new-dog-story-screenshot-ss.jpg
[/IMG]

06mustangsixer

CalloutsNOLA
Established Member
i have 3 titanium ribs(i have xray pics as proof is noone believes me).. :)
thats what happens when you fall 86 feet and break your pelvis in 5 places and 6 ribs in 23 places and 2 shoulder bones...
but back on topic thats pretty cool

Users who are viewing this thread