Navy Drops Education Entrance Standards, Again

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The U.S. Navy will start to enlist applicants who have not graduated from high school or obtained a GED as the service continues to struggle with its recruiting goals.

"We get thousands of people into our recruiting stations every year that want to join the Navy but do not have an education credential. And we just turn them away," Vice Adm. Rick Cheeseman, the Navy's chief of personnel, said of the change, according to a report in The Associated Press.

The new plan will allow recruits who don't have an education credential to enlist as long as they score a 50 or above out of 99 on the qualification test, according to the report, marking the first time the Navy has allowed such recruits since the year 2000.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
It is almost like we saw this coming with the fight against people that have manned the ranks for so long that the politicians waged war on.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For the time being, I have no issue with this. If they can complete their training satisfactorily, and pledge to fight for and support the U.S., what's wrong with that? Going back to WWII, from August 1942 until June 1943, 10 percent of “Intelligent illiterates” would be accepted into the army. From June 1943 until September 1945, when the draft ended, all men who could pass the screening exams could join the army. That's the Army, but I see nothing wrong with accepting recruits as long as they pass a screening exam.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
50 out of 99 is a failing grade

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Users who are viewing this thread