National freight giant "Yellow Freight" facing a work stoppage and imminent bankruptcy.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I read in 2021 after they took the $700M they decided to dump Roadway and get rid of the YRC name. Then started spending some of that money on rebranding all their tractors and trailers back to Yellow, along with handing out fat bonuses to the top corporate executives. They should all be facing criminal charges for fraud.

Is it right...no... but fraud? Nah.

Any business, or person can take out a loan...and use it how they want.

If I needed to take out a loan for $10mil to hire the best person in the automotive retail sector and it increases my business by 1,000%...it would be worth every penny.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have several intransit with them. It's wonderful.

It's kinda like your own personal lockbox...that you can't see, touch nor open...and you're waiting on it to show up.

Yep. It's awful. Now that all their technology is shut off and they are electronically "dark" so to speak -- they will literally have 0 idea where your freight is, what truck it was on, or when the last time was someone actually moved it.

Honestly, if im you, reorder now and get the stuff moving on another carrier. You'll probably never see those orders.

Yellow was 99 years old. Crazy to think.

jrandy

Established Member
Yep. It's awful. Now that all their technology is shut off and they are electronically "dark" so to speak -- they will literally have 0 idea where your freight is, what truck it was on, or when the last time was someone actually moved it.

Honestly, if im you, reorder now and get the stuff moving on another carrier. You'll probably never see those orders.

Yellow was 99 years old. Crazy to think.

And with that said... just imagine how much of this stuff will just simply disappear? Situations like this are ripe for opportunities. Lack of oversite, visibility, and pissed off employees (or ex-employees).

VegasMichael

Established Member
Interesting, just looked.

Yellow Corporation (YELL)​

NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
1.7600+1.0531 (+148.97%)
Stock up another 121% today. Read there's a chance they might get a bankruptcy loan from Apollo Global Management. We'll see.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Apollo Global already had controlling interest. They are not a new fund to Yellow.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Apollo Global already had controlling interest. They are not a new fund to Yellow.
Understood, but that doesn't mean they had to put in more money. It was just put out that they were nearing a deal to provide a bankruptcy loan.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Understood, but that doesn't mean they had to put in more money. It was just put out that they were nearing a deal to provide a bankruptcy loan.

Be interesting to follow, the behind-the-scenes politics have to be intense.

Blown 89

Established Member
I read in 2021 after they took the $700M they decided to dump Roadway and get rid of the YRC name. Then started spending some of that money on rebranding all their tractors and trailers back to Yellow, along with handing out fat bonuses to the top corporate executives. They should all be facing criminal charges for fraud.

YRC started picking up all of our shipments with Yellow branded trucks if that means anything

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Yellow Corporation: MFN Partners Stake Accumulation Unleashes Meme Stock Crowd​

Aug. 01, 2023 4:26 PM ETYellow Corporation (YELL)RXO, VAL, XPO7 Comments2 Likes
Henrik Alex profile picture
Henrik Alex
15.95K Followers
Follow

Summary​

• Shares of ailing trucking giant Yellow Corporation stage giant rally after hedge fund MFN Partners accumulated a 42.5% stake in the company.
  • While MFN Partners also holds large stakes in competitors XPO Inc. and RXO Inc., the hedge fund has been silent regarding its intentions.
  • With Apollo Global Management reportedly preparing a super-senior debtor-in-possession financing, even more debt would rank ahead of shareholders.
  • Should Yellow Corporation indeed file for bankruptcy, a recovery for common equity holders would be highly unlikely.
  • Given these issues, I would advise investors to use the ongoing rally to exit existing positions and move on.

Users who are viewing this thread