Nasty '92 Coupe Street/Strip project FS/T

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
Basically all the car needs is an ignition system and the little odds and ends that always come up during assembly.

'92 coupe, original 5.0, 5spd, deluxe interior car, all power options, etc.
Exterior:
It has a 2.5" cowl hood, '01 mustang yellow with gold metallic flames, all of the exterior trim is in nice shape, doors close great, etc.

Interior:
Gray interior, new carpet, new Kirkey pro series seats with gray tweed covers and aluminum brackets, rear seat delete, all wiring is still there, so power windows and locks, lights, etc work. The radio wiring is even still there is someone was so inclined to install one.

Electronics:
FAST XFI, white face dash gauges, Ford racing white face 5" tach, boost, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and exhaust temp. Setup for rear mount battery, oversized battery cables are installed.

Motor:
Ford Racing A351 SVO block, Eagle forged crank, Eagle forged rods, Diamond custom forged dished pistons, 8.8 comp with a 58cc head, assembled with all ARP hardware, stud girdle, windage tray, billet double roller timing chain, custom grind solid roller turbo cam, .752/.752 lift, 273/273 duration @.050, 114 centerline, fully worked TFS Highport heads complete and ready to bolt on (not currently on the motor), Melling high volume oil pump, canton pickup and canton pan with a -12 return line fitting welded in the side for drainback, balanced to 28oz with a pioneer sfi balancer. Victor 351 EFI intake with a CSI spaceer, 90 degree sheet metal elbow, and a 90mm Accufab Throttle body, 160# matched injectors

Turbo Kit:
Renegade kit built by Brooks Lopez (Turbostang), all V band flanges, T6 flange, TV8101 hybrid 82mm turbo, 4" inlet, 5" downpipe split into dual 3" through bullet mufflers and turn downs, 3" outlet to intake, front mount Air/Air intercooler, 60mm wastegate and Godzilla blow off valve.

Transmission:
Power Glide with SBF Ultra Bell, Good Drum, 10 Disk Clutch Set ,180 straight cut gears, Stater Tube pinned, Harden Turbo Shaft and pro tree brake 10 passes since freshen by M&M Transmissions, flywheel with spacer, Neal Chance 9" welded race converter, new AJE glide crossmember for a fox, Steel driveshaft for a glide in a fox with an 8.8, yolks installed, 1350 ujoints.

Suspension:
Front: QA1 tubular K member, QA1 pro series adjustable A arms, QA1 caster/camber plates, QA1 10 way adjustable coil overs, flaming river manual rack & steering knuckle, Wilwood front disc brakes, UPR manual brake conversion and master cylinder.
Rear: Double adjustable tubular upper and lower control arms, Afco double adjustable coil overs, UPR anti roll bar, fully braced and built 8.8 with wheelie bar mounts, 35 spline strange axles, full spool, rear cover, C clip eliminators, 3.27 gears (for turbo setup), heavy duty 10" drums, 5/8" studs, etc.

Chassis:
Chassis work was just completed in february, Custom 10 point chromoly cage, certified to 8.50, window net, through floor subframes as well as standard subframes, torque boxes reinforced and welded, bars through to strut towers, minitubbed, factory frame rails have not been altered to still run street classes, wheel wells will fit a 10.5W or 325/50 tire.

Fuel system:
Stock sumped tank with 2 #8 feeds and a #8 drain, Aeromotive A1000 system with -8 braided stainless line to the front, -6 braided stainless return line, aeromotive regulator.

Wheels & Tires:
New Weld Alumistar 2.0 1 piece billet fronts, 15x3.5 with 2.25 b.s. and new M/T ET fronts, used Weld Prostar 15x10 rears with mildly used 28x10.50x15 ET Drags.

I have well over $30k invested in the chassis and parts. I am looking for cash offers or a turn key car.

More pics available here:
Pictures by 92turbocpe - Photobucket

cpe.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0474.jpg

100_0482.jpg

Last edited:

1lo94

Established Member
I have 94 cobra clone at Gearheads Getting rear built dart block 347 tko trans over 30K invested. Can be seen in the photo sec of DFWstangs.net 325-829-2985 ask 4 Nathan.

1lo94

Established Member
sorry here is a few pics i have of the yellow car, not the teal car just call me

1009-1.jpg

_MG_9057.jpg

melloyello-1.jpg

vnmous93cobra

Established Member
I now have a set of fully worked TFS Highport heads for the car. They are complete and ready to bolt on. Now all it needs is the odds and ends to assemble it. $17,500 for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread