Nasty 2010 GT500 dyno run - Whipple 3.4L

venomws6

Established Member
Looks freaking beautiful.

10sec on 20s is great too with that soft launch..
But I agree I thought the car with 3.4L Would be close to 800rwhp with 20psi... (atleast 750rwhp on Mustang dyno)...

Maybe the pump gas didnt help with the low timing being really safe..

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
20 psi on a 3.4 is nothing race gas and more boost it will make all the power you want

i could careless about dyno numbers but 10.90 with bolt ons :bowdown: and didn't look like they changed the wheels either thats just worng

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
That looks GREAT! I thought it'd make more power, but it's not like it isn't fast lol.

Meister@Torq

Established Member
Not everything over 18-19psi should have race gas in it but running a few extra PSI and keeping the timing and air fuel safe is just fine if the customer understands it is not suggested. Even though I do not always like it I have done it hundreds of times without any issues.

As for those claiming the HP is low please remember this is not a dynojet, nor is it a Mustang Dyno calibrated very high like some others tend to do (we tune cars, not dyno's) and the timing is very low due to it being on pump gas and 20psi. Regardless of the "power" our "dyno" outputs the car goes 10.87 on BALD 20" drag radials with a horrible 60ft.

This car makes 740+rwhp on a dynojet for those who are keeping track

In reference to the video of the white car, look at the TQ number and where it is from. The highest TQ value is right on tip in. MD's have a quick spike at the beginning of each run depending on when the test is started and how close to tip in. That TQ number is not accurate. It is also 21psi on RACE FUEL

Go take a look at Lethal's 2010GT500 with a 4.0L, cams, ported heads and the SAME TUNER as Evoloution on UPR's Mustang Dyno and at like 24psi it only made mid 800's yet the video of the white car posted earlier made similar HP with a smaller blower, less boost and the same tuner.......

Meister@Torq

Established Member
To compare Lethal's car with a 4.0L, ported heads and cams at 21.5psi and C16 made 780rwhp (this is about 90rwhp more). 90rwhp from 2psi, heads, cams and race gas is normal which means our numbers are pretty accurate to compare similar MD's (our's and UPR's)

Do the rough math:
Heads - 20-30+rwhp
Cams - 20+rwhp
2psi - 20rwhp
C16 - 20+rwhp
4.0L > 3.4L - 20+HP (not to mention the larger crusher they used)
7000+ RPM redline - 15-20HP

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
To compare Lethal's car with a 4.0L, ported heads and cams at 21.5psi and C16 made 780rwhp (this is about 90rwhp more). 90rwhp from 2psi, heads, cams and race gas is normal which means our numbers are pretty accurate to compare similar MD's (our's and UPR's)

Do the rough math:
Heads - 20-30+rwhp
Cams - 20+rwhp
2psi - 20rwhp
C16 - 20+rwhp
4.0L > 3.4L - 20+HP (not to mention the larger crusher they used)
7000+ RPM redline - 15-20HP

805 rwhp ;-)

And the inlets are the same, the 4.0L is just longer. Dustin shortened the case on all the new 4.0L's so that there is no more firewall interference with the inlet.

I do agree that everyone is too caught up in the dyno numbers. A near 4000lb car, on 20" wheels, just went almost 133 mph, that's the real story.

Meister@Torq

Established Member
805 rwhp ;-)

And the inlets are the same, the 4.0L is just longer. Dustin shortened the case on all the new 4.0L's so that there is no more firewall interference with the inlet.

I do agree that everyone is too caught up in the dyno numbers. A near 4000lb car, on 20" wheels, just went almost 133 mph, that's the real story.

805 was on the higher boost levels from what I remember and I just found a posting saying 780...either way 25rwhp could easily be found in my dummy math equation posted above.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
805 was on the higher boost levels from what I remember and I just found a posting saying 780...either way 25rwhp could easily be found in my dummy math equation posted above.

779 rwhp was break in, a couple weeks later we got it retuned, didn't change anything else, and it made 805 rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread