NASA March 28-29 @ VIR

dragon40k

Established Member
Thanks for the offers guys. I'll be sure to let you know. I don't need a bed I've got an air mattress. I don't mind camping, however its not my prefered method of spending a weekend at the track.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Rodney, you find a place yet? There's still talk of Villa's on the NASA forum.
Paul and I are going down on Thursday to take the instructors clinic. See you there.

dragon40k

Established Member
Thanks Greg yes I'm sharing a room at the Villa with a couple racers and other HPDE'ers.
PM me your phone number when you get a chance. I'll be arriving friday night ideally around 6pm. Do you know if they let you walk the track at VIR? Having never been there i think it would be a good idea for me to do that.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Walk VIR! You'll sleep good friday night.

Let us know how the Villas are. I plan on staying there at some point.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Villas? Primo!!!!!! Stayed in #603 this weekend and had the master suite all to myself. Very nice. Don't count on the gas grill in the garage downstairs having any gas... and it it a version tank made in 1923 that is no longer filled anwhere in the NC/VA region and you cannot purchase it either.

I walked South Course with Chuck Hawks and Norbert Watts Saturday evening. I'll post up a few pics sometime this week.

-Kevin

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
How many DE'rs for VIR this weekend would like a photo series taken? I will be running the 05 car in Thunder this weekend, but will have plenty of time for picture taking during the DE sessions.

Let me know.

dragon40k

Established Member
Try to take some pics of the hpde2 red cobra with the blue painters tape #12 on the side. I'll try to tape the numbers on straight.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
How many DE'rs for VIR this weekend would like a photo series taken? I will be running the 05 car in Thunder this weekend, but will have plenty of time for picture taking during the DE sessions.

Let me know.
Rob, that would mean I'd have to comb my hair under my helmet, right?

I'd love to have a series taken of my car (#90 HPDE3), I don't get to VIR often.
But I'm sure there are better looking cars out there (and better looking drivers).
So only if you have time to fit it in. :beer:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Good to see an R on the track. I'll come by and say hi, as well as provide some motivational cheering during your race.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Hey, good deal and if you have time and a fast enough shutter to capture the Uber Foci I will be running in HPDE 2 #38 Blue SVT FOCI

Enjoy the weekend!

Ken

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

BlueMach1

Stang Family
Established Member
I've been planning to go to this for months now and it looks like it going to RAIN. I've never been to a NASA event, but interested in getting into it.

What will happen if it rains the whole weekend?

They are calling for a 70% chance as of today through next monday basically for the whole eastern side of the US. I want to go, but if it gets cancelled then i'm not going to make the 4 hour trip from eastern nc. If rescheduled then i will go then.

thanks...and i look forward to all the great action.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Those of you interested in pics have PM's from me to get you set up. Hopper, I look forward to meeting you. Look for the Roar Racing trailer. I will be paddocking next to them.

This is a shakedown weekend. I just need to make sure the car is good for the Mustang 45th. With a new paint job and wanting to look good I dont really want any close racing.
But it will be fun to get out there and we will see what trying to stay out of the way gets me in the end.

David Hester

Established Member
Racing the rain is ALWAYS exciting. (this ain't NASCRAP) ;^)
My race car didn't have a defroster last time in the rain.
Roebling. 110mph (normal is cloer to 125-130) down the front straight and WHOLE windshield fogged up. I could see brake lights going into 1 and just prayed the guy in front of me could see and would early brake.
No windows in the doors, so I could see cars going backwards in the grass as I passed them.
Love the rain.
Hoosier Dirt Stockers or Rain Radials are the best bet for tires.
And a rag duct taped to the end of a mop stick......
Speaking of VIR in the rain.
Last trip there in October, had a Radical Sports racer go of in the rain at 10 (top of the hill after the esses). Guy was obviously still shaken 20 minutes after they brought him and car in on a wrecker. track turns left, he went straight and there is a BIG drop off driver's right.
In fact, we had a BUNCH of damaged cars that weekend.
Y'all be careful!

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
No rain for me, thanx. I am not racing for points or championships. I had a couple laps in the rain at VIR in the event David mentions above on full tread R888's. No fun. I do have a defroster, though. :)

Since my budget for fixing body work is spent for a while yet, I won't tempt fate in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread