NASA March 28-29 @ VIR

dragon40k

Established Member
Cars in the paddock area will look something like this. Should be pretty easy to find.

oct11summit0021ce5.jpg

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
No one hs gotten back to me and my extra King room is gone.
I may have a double bed room avail, but no promises at this point.

Did you arrange to bring the wife Rodney?

Ken

:beer::beer:

dragon40k

Established Member
No one hs gotten back to me and my extra King room is gone.
I may have a double bed room avail, but no promises at this point.

Did you arrange to bring the wife Rodney?

Ken

:beer::beer:

I've tried but at this point i'm going to say she's not going and plan accordingly. Perhaps I can get her to summit as its 4 hours closer.

BlackStripes

Established Member
I changed my turbos for smaller ones (to spool faster) and one seal went bad (car started to smoke like crazy!).... we need to find out why this happened.....it reminds me when i went for TT for first time 4 years ago, took forever to become reliable.. we will see :)

BlackStripes

Established Member
So what are you bringing if the Mustang is not ready?

ugh, if my miata had a rollbar i wouldn't even think about it..... but it doesn't :bored: . My wife can kill me if i take her car ('07 with 490rwhp) :D ... and the jeep... well.. is not allowed :shrug:

I saw a post in the nasa forums where a guy was renting his race car for $400... but.. the whole pay if you break makes nervous, specially about the engine...:??:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
So with Hector potentially not making it is there anyone going that got a two bed room that has a spare bed?
Rodney, there was a guy in the NASA forum that was looking to fill 2 rooms real cheap in a VIR Villa that he had. Might check that out.
Otherwise, I don't think Ken still has that spare room he was holding, but I'd check at the Holiday Inn Express in South Boston anyway.

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
ugh, if my miata had a rollbar i wouldn't even think about it..... but it doesn't :bored: . My wife can kill me if i take her car ('07 with 490rwhp) :D ... and the jeep... well.. is not allowed :shrug:

I saw a post in the nasa forums where a guy was renting his race car for $400... but.. the whole pay if you break makes nervous, specially about the engine...:??:

What about the rent-a-racer cars that VIR offers? Would you be able to run one of those?

Looks like I may try to make it up there on Sunday for the touring laps!:rockon: Then maybe one day I can eventually I can afford to do some HPDE's.

dragon40k

Established Member
Rodney, there was a guy in the NASA forum that was looking to fill 2 rooms real cheap in a VIR Villa that he had. Might check that out.
Otherwise, I don't think Ken still has that spare room he was holding, but I'd check at the Holiday Inn Express in South Boston anyway.

Thanks Greg. I sent the guy a PM. Hopefully he gets back to me with a yes.

wheelhopper

Established Member
That would be real cool to have a bed at the Villa. You would be ablet to get an extral half an hour of sleep every day. Plus those Villas look real nice.

dragon40k

Established Member
That would be real cool to have a bed at the Villa. You would be ablet to get an extral half an hour of sleep every day. Plus those Villas look real nice.

Well the guy hasn't gotten back to me yet. Hopefully he does but at this point i'm not holding my breath. Might be time to bust out the tent.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am sure we can find a spot for you Rodney. Let us know if you don't get a spot. There is no sense in booking a room solo either. So unless you want to camp, we should be able to work out a space. I just need to check with my roomie first, and decide whether or not my son is coming this time. It sort of depends on his grades/behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread