NANO Nitrous and stock block

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
My son has a 2007 Mustang GT its putting down 320 on a Dynojet. We have a NANO Nitrous setup and I'm wondering about the max safe horsepower for a 2007 4.6 stock block. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks FOG

GrnBullitt08

Established Member
The max stock HP for the stock shortblocks is around 500rwhp....thats where mine went at, and alot of other guys seem to have the same failure point. Now this isnt gauranteed by no means. With the right tune for the nitrous and the correct fuel setup the motor can prob go past that. But the rods are the weak leak, and that seem to be the failure point with all the 4.6L 3V motors. Stay under the 500-525rwhp mark and you should be ok....

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
my buddy is running a 100 shot for right now on his with no issues. make sure you get a nitrous tune.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
100 shot is no issue, many run a 125 shot with a tune and some added fuel upgrades

RSKtakR

Established Member
do you have the entire NANO kit? as in a nitrous bottle AND a NANO bottle that mounts to the nitrous bottle?? i sprayed a 125 shot w/ my NANO kit piggy backing my zex nitrous kit, w/a KB BAP, HT0 plugs, a dyno tune, w/a zex window switch.. and all i have to say is that nitrous kit w/ the NANO kit keeping constant presure on it.. hit HARD.. hard enough that it broke the tires (brand new nittos) loose on the dyno..

Users who are viewing this thread