Name this sensor

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
I can't remember what this sensor is called and what it does (the one with the little arrows pointing to it).....anybody?

BTW...this is not my pic...I borrowed it from another member on here....hope you don't mind.

what.gif

toms03cobra

Established Member
i just put 03 cobra motor in a 2001 saleen and we used the gt wiring. we bypass the sensor someone had told us that it was for the cobra fuel system. they said it was a map sensor type. it work out great but we had the gt computer dont. hope that helps

TORQJNKY

If it is NOT connected properly, would it prevent the car from seeing anything over 2-3 lbs of boost?

I wouldn't think so but come to think of it. The IAT2 sensor senses temps after the blower intercooler. These cars will pull mad timing and go into thermal limp (sp?) mode if it thinks the car is overheating. Not sure if the limp mode is associated with IAT2 temps or engine temps or a combination of the two. It may be the cause :shrug:.

prostkr

Established Member
The car will yank timing from the iat 2 sensor. It should also throw a ses light with a dtc code.

bubblehead93

Established Member
It absolutely the IAT2 sensor. It is a two-wire thermistor, resistance changes with temperature. however, pcm senses the voltage, 0-5 volt, if the ckt was open, disconnected the pcm would see 0 volts which corresponds to a high temperature. i would think this would be out of bounds since 0 volts would not be a normal reading and would generate a DTC.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
I don't know what the iat temp. reading was but when I tried getting into boost the car would not perform at all. I saw that it wasn't connected properly when I was redoing the bypass mod. Afterwards it ran well again. Also, my CEL never turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread