Name a cheap car you've always wanted, but never bought.

Coiled03

Established Member
So, all you people saying "fox body", have never actually purchased one? Can't believe how many people there are on this site that have missed out on the joy of owning a fox body.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Coiled03 said:
So, all you people saying "fox body", have never actually purchased one? Can't believe how many people there are on this site that have missed out on the joy of owning a fox body.

joy?

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
An 87 Cutlass 442. Along the same lines as a Monte SS. They had wheezy 307s in them, but responded well to basic mods. I always thought they were sharp looking.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i saw a mint 87 GN for sale for i wanna say 7K 4 years ago. Some lady was selling it (it was her late husbands). i kick myself every time i see one for not jumping on that....if i wouldn't have just got my KB i woulda had that GN. Stupid KB

BelvedereGTX

Banned
RedneckBMXer24 said:
ive always wanted a SVT Focus. would make a prety cool little DD/put around town kinda car.

but the cobra is just SOOOO much more fun for put around town.
thats awesome man that you would want to get your girlfriend a car. She would probably be in shock. Not many people come home one day and "WOW< PHUCK< a new car!" Thats awesome:beer:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I always wanted a notchback 5.0, but until my blazer gives out or I sell it, I will never know the joy of owning one! I think either the fox or a late '90s audi A4 turbo would be a great daily driver replacement.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
1984-89 Merkur XR4Ti. Buddy of mine had one when I was in college and I have wanted one ever since. I just can't bring myself to buy one.

90lxstang

Established Member
C4 LT1 Corvette. The market has dropped down quite a bit, I see decent ones as low as $6K, and I'm watching it drop even more:D

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
ford_racer said:
Did you miss the word cheap in the title?

An old 80s turbo Chrysler, as long as it's not the LeBaron.

Liek an Omni GLH, I wanted one of those. My Dad also had a Shelby Charger, blue and silver, like an 85 or 86 model, wanted one of those too.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I am always looking for a cheap turbo coupe or xr4ti also, most have seen a helluva lot better days and I dont even know if I wanna sink a grand into $1000 dollar beater just to make it roll.
Would like to get ahold of a 85-88 Cutlass or Regal, T-Type or GN even, love anything with a 3.8 s/c and mid to late 90's GM W bodies too.
Would not mind a Gen 2 Mark 8 also and love some mid 90's Caddies with the crapstars, basically anything from Ford or Gm I like from a few era's.
I have a fox body in my Mark VII and with only 88k it runs great but the trans is getting weak due to this one thing I did, I will be driving it as a winter/beater for a few more years, sunk a grand into it over the past 2 years. I dont for see a fox body Mustang in my future, I rather have the above mentioned cars than a fox body Stang and 10 year newer cars FTW

I would love to get a nice 98 Mark VIII in a year or 2 but am torn cause I also want a fuel pincher diesel. Decisions Decisions
Oh I also love cheap (sub $1k:)) regular cab beater farm trucks, so I just cant say what I may end up with or when........

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I always wanted a Triumph TR7 when I was in HS. Thought they were cool. Now I am looking forward to a guy that is not far from selling my Grandfathers 68 Mustang Coupe that he bought new. The current owner bought it from my grandmother when my grandfather died. Still has it to this day and I have first dibs on it.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
87-88 Turbo Coupe in Metalic blue. SVO would be pretty cool too.
Also I've been looking at the 83-84 5.0 LTD's lately. Would make a cool sleeper.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Mark VIII, I was actually looking for one before I found my cobra. They were ranging from the low teens back then. Now they are stupid cheap. I still want a edt: caprice wagon, the big woodgrain sided ones. They are like giant couches on wheels.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Black caprice wagon on black centerline smoothie 20's, I don't know why but the way they cut the back wheel in half with the quarter panel looks so good layed out.

Users who are viewing this thread